Senior Account Executive, Private Equity
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two billion people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $15B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
Carta has developed an ownership management platform exclusively for Private Equity Firms and their portfolio company management teams. This includes the first and only Advanced Scenario Modeling tool capable of handling the most complex Private Equity waterfalls, empowering deal teams, valuations teams and management teams to get out of excel and improve accuracy and time to insight for some of their most important strategic decisions.
Over the past several years we’ve seen considerable success working with Private Equity-backed portfolio companies by partnering with Private Equity firms as a channel partner. We’re now pursuing a new and exciting opportunity working with Private Equity Firms as a customer. As an Enterprise Account Executive, you’ll join a small cross-functional team to strategically navigate Private Equity Firms, evangelize the Carta value proposition and drive revenue directly with these Firms.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Communicate the business impact of our product offerings to key decision makers
- Demonstrate ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus-building to identify and sell new opportunities
- Own sales cycles that are 6-18 months
- Understand customer needs and requirements and act as a trusted business advisor
- Drive revenue through strategic outbound prospecting
- Own the entire sales lifecycle, from lead generation to close
- Develop a comprehensive sales strategy and sales plan that ensures consistent achievement of goals over the short and long-term
- Own relationships for Private Equity Firms and be their customer advocate
- Partner cross functionally with post-sale delivery teams to execute a seamless experience through the customer lifecycle.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
- 15+ years of account executive experience, or equivalent industry experience in Private Equity, Investment Banking, or Alternative Assets
- Experience selling to professionals from a Private Equity background and proven ability to speak their language
- Experience closing large deals
- Strategically navigate large and complex organizations with multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to execute, especially negotiation and closing
- Flexible and resilient
- Interest in being part of a ‘startup within a startup’
- Fluency in Private Equity deal team language and back office functions such as portfolio and valuations teams
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our expected cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role starts at:
- $162,500 base in New York City, NY
- $162,500 base in San Francisco, CA
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.