Senior Robotics Software Engineer
At Canvas we are developing technology that improves the quality and affordability of the places where we work and live while improving the working conditions of the people who build these spaces. Our mission is to empower people to build in bold new ways. Our team has spent the past several years engineering and developing a new machine that keeps workers safe, improves their job conditions, and produces great budget, schedule and quality outcomes. At the same time, we have been building a culture at Canvas that empowers our employees to do their best work, while having fun and advancing their careers.
We seek a highly skilled and experienced robotic software engineer to join our team at Canvas.
Who You Are:
- Based in San Francisco (or commutable distance)
- Fluent in C++
- Experience with ROS2
- Experience with modern computer vision techniques and perception frameworks
- Experience with programming and algorithm design
- Experience working on the complete lifecycle from prototyping to testing to production
- Handling large datasets efficiently
- Experience with 3D data (stereo cameras, pointclouds, etc.)
- Passionate about robotics, software design and perception
- Minimum 5 years experience in software development
- If there are items under the “Who You Are” section that you are working towards or would like to pursue, we still encourage you to apply. Our promise is that a real person is reviewing your application when received.
Why You Should Join Canvas
- Autonomy and support to grow into your career at a growing startup.
- Excellent benefits, including fully covered medical, vision, and dental
- 401k matching
- A learning and development stipend
- The ability to work in a sweet office in SF with some pretty cool robots
- And of course the opportunity to work with some of the coolest people working on those robots in the Bay Area!
See the base annual salary range for this position, in the selected city, below. Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, location, and market conditions. Base pay is one part of the total compensation that is provided to recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses, incentives, and stock options.
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Canvas. We provide accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Canvas is an Equal Opportunity Employer - we do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other way on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.