Director - Data Protection, Records Management and Master Data
Every career journey is personal. That's why we empower you with the tools and support to create your own success story.
Be challenged. Be heard. Be valued. Be you ... be here.
Job SummaryThe Director Data Protection, Records Retention and Master Data is responsible for Data Management capabilities pertaining to the areas of data classification, records management and governance of core master data domains – reference data, customer and product. This role will create the data management strategy and implement policies and standards for these capabilities. The Director will manage a team of U.S. and India based resources, and build a data retention function to minimize data related risks within Bread Financial.
Essential Job Functions:
Data management Leader - Manage data management capabilities, in particular capabilities related to data protection, records management and master data.
Team Leadership - Manage a geographically distributed team across the U.S. and India. Provide leadership, hiring and mentor team members, assign and manage tasks and ensure that the overall objectives are achieved.
Data Management Strategy - Work in partnership with the Director of Data Governance and Enablement to create a strategy and road map for data protection, records management and master data. Partner with other stakeholders such as senior leaders, data owners and data stewards to create this strategy.
Large Program Execution - Execute large programs such as the implementation of Records Management policy in the Bank. Work with Information Technology and Business on creation, management, and implementation of the records retention schedule and converting it into a business as usual (BAU) process.
Master Data Governance - Prior knowledge and experience managing master data domains including governance of the single view of the customer. Knowledge of the mastering process and governance related issues with enterprise Master Data Management systems and processes. Lead data stewards and manage key reference and master data domains.
Data Classification and Catalog - Create data classification and cataloging capabilities. In partnership with Information Security and Privacy, implement use cases for use of data classifications and cataloging of sensitive data. Manage aspects of Enterprise Data Catalog.
Vice President, Data Governance, Protection and Management
Up to 3
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements:
- Normal office environment. As a senior leader, must work at a Bread Financial office at least 5 days per month.
- Ability to travel 5 days a month if not located near a Bread Financial office.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, information technology, or related field of study.
- 10+ years of experience implementing Data Governance.
- Experience with metadata management, data quality, records retention, and data classification.
- 8+ years of experience leading data teams conducting data governance and management work. Management of business stakeholders in leading complex business and technology initiatives.
- Master’s degree in business, engineering, or information technology.
- Certification(s) in Data Quality, Metadata Management or Data governance.
- Additional expertise in information architecture, data and business process modeling.
- Experience implementing Data Governance in a Financial Services company.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of data management, data transformation, metadata and DQ tools.
- Ability to create data management strategies for data classification, protection, reference and master data
- Strong communications skills – written and oral
- Ability to manage and work with large numbers of stakeholders and business partners (data owners) across Bread Financial
- Team Management: Ability to lead a distributed team of data management professionals (across U.S. and India)
This job description is illustrative of the types of duties typically performed by this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of each and every essential function of the job. Because job content may change from time to time, the Company reserves the right to add and/or delete essential functions from this job at any time.
Typical Starting Range:$131,700.00 - $272,700.00
Full Salary Range for position:California: $151,600.00 - $340,900.00Colorado: $131,700.00 - $286,400.00New York: $144,800.00 - $340,900.00Washington: $138,300.00 - $313,900.00
The actual base pay within this range may be dependent upon many factors, which may include, but are not limited to, work location, education, experience, and skills.
Bread Financial offers medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and other voluntary benefits (including basic and optional life insurance, supplemental medical plans, and short and long-term disability) to eligible associates (regular full-time associates scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more) and their spouses/domestic partners, and child(ren) under the age of 26. New associate elected coverage begins on date of hire (with the exception of disability coverage which has a 6-month waiting period). Six weeks of 100% paid parental leave for eligible parents is available after a 180-day waiting period. Hired associates can immediately enroll in Bread Financial’s 401(k) plan.
All associates receive 11 paid holidays. Associates have discretion in managing their time away from work through the Flexible Time Off (FTO) program and may need to notify and receive approval from their manager prior to taking the time off. Associates receive 80 hours of Paid Sick and Safety Time per calendar year at the beginning of each year and is prorated in the associate’s first year of employment.
Hired associates will be able to elect to purchase company stock during offering periods in June and December. You will be eligible for an annual incentive bonus based on individual and company performance.
Click here for more Benefits information.
About Bread Financial
At Bread Financial, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community, and be a part of our award-winning culture. We’ve been consistently recognized as a best place to work in many markets and we’re proud to promote an environment where you feel appreciated, accepted, valued, and fulfilled—both personally and professionally. Bread Financial supports the overall wellness of our associates with a diverse suite of benefits and offers boundless opportunities for career development and non-traditional career progression.
Bread Financial is a tech-forward financial services company providing simple, personalized payment, lending and saving solutions. The company creates opportunities for its customers and partners through digitally enabled choices that offer ease, empowerment, financial flexibility and exceptional customer experiences. Driven by a digital-first approach, data insights and white-label technology, Bread Financial delivers growth for its partners through a comprehensive product suite, including private label and co-brand credit cards, installment lending, and buy now, pay later (BNPL). Bread Financial also offers direct-to-consumer solutions that give customers more access, choice and freedom through its branded Bread Cashback American Express® Credit Card and Bread Savings products.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Bread Financial is powered by its 7,500+ global associates and is committed to sustainable business practices.
- Bread Financial offers competitive pay, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for the Company.
- The Company participates in E-Verify.
- The Company will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
Job Family:Information Technology