Bluevine is on a mission to enable a better financial future for small business owners through innovative banking solutions designed just for them. By combining best-in-class technology with advanced security and a deep understanding of the small business community, we deliver end-to-end banking and lending products that empower always-on entrepreneurs to grow their businesses with confidence.
As a dynamic company with massive potential, we’re backed by leading investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, and nearly 9 years of proven success. Since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 400,000 customers across all 50 states and a global team of more than 500 people. Our passion is driven by purpose: to give small businesses the tools they need to succeed and we’re just getting started.
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive. Join us! #LI-Hybrid
This is a hybrid role. At Bluevine, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which we believe is best maintained through in-person interactions and a vibrant office environment. All of our offices have reopened in accordance with local guidelines, and are following a hybrid model. In-office days will be determined by location and discipline.
Join us as an integral part of the Accounting team at Bluevine! We are building an elite team of smart and driven individuals to deliver timely and accurate reports to management and be responsible for growth monitoring at Bluevine. You will be instrumental in Bluevine’s financial and business aspirations and will help the company realize its potential.
In this Senior Accountant role, you will have the opportunity to work on significant areas of the month-end close, ad-hoc projects as directed by management, and other critical operational tasks. This role will be primarily focused on supporting our banking and lending products with an emphasis on revenue recognition, transaction reconciliations, and allowance for credit losses. The right person for this role is an outstanding communicator, sets a high bar for themselves and their work product, has strong leadership skills, is proactive, intellectually curious and can effectively problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Perform account and transaction reconciliations and resolve issues autonomously with internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the month/quarter/year-end close process
- Record revenues for lending and banking products
- Partner with Bluevine's Risk team to help quantify allowance provisions
- Work with Bluevine's Product and Engineering teams to build and automate internal accounting reporting
- Assist in establishing accounting processes for new products
- Analyze fluctuations in P&L activity month over month
- Identify improvements (including automation) for existing processes and internal and external systems through collaboration with other departments.
- Help the team with our annual audits and additional audits performed by debt providers or bank partners
- Assist with other areas of the Accounting team, including enhancements to documentation (month-end account reconciliations, internal control documentation etc.), as well as research of accounting standards and preparation of accounting treatment memos.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (CPA strongly preferred)
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Banking, lending, fintech industry accounting
- Treasury operations and reconciliation
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and accounting GL systems (NetSuite preferred)
- Experience with database queries and an understanding of data flows
- Ability to partner cross-functionally across
- Excellent knowledge of accounting procedures and principles
- Understanding of both financial and operational controls
- Strong analytical mind and an eye for detail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements.
- A positive attitude and results oriented
New Hire Base Salary Range: $77,800 - $93,400
This role is also eligible to earn annual performance-based incentive compensation in the form of a cash bonus.
BENEFITS AND PERKS - for employees located in the US
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- PTO, Company Holidays, and Flexible Holidays
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Community-based volunteering opportunities
Something looks off?