Revenue Operations Associate
Betterment is a leading, technology-driven financial services company that offers investing and retirement solutions for retail investors and investment advisors as well as financial wellness solutions, including a 401(k) for small and medium-sized businesses. Our team is passionate about our mission: making people’s lives better. We’re headquartered in NYC, and offer hybrid NY-based (three days/ week in-office) and select, non-NY-based remote positions.
About the role
Betterment is looking to bring on an experienced Revenue Operations Associate to support our B@W go-to-market strategy, reporting and insights for our sales and marketing teams. As the Revenue Operations Associate, you will report to the Revenue Operations Manager and be responsible for supporting the entire Revenue Operations organization across reporting, enablement and strategic planning. The person in this role will play a crucial role by generating reports and insights that will inform our strategy. They will lean on the established team and Revenue Operations Manager to execute on the revenue reporting cadence and strategy.
We are looking for someone who will be able to learn and grow quickly by understanding our current setup—a foundation of tools, forecasting, reporting, insights— and help support them to unlock business needs. In this role you are expected to support the revenue reporting cadence, develop insights related to pricing and forecasting, and assist enablement insights and projects. The ideal candidate will effectively communicate with members of the Revenue Operations team, deliver projects and tasks in an efficient manner and consistently improve the revenue strategy function.
This role is based out of our NYC office. Below we've reflected the base salary range we would offer for this position. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Betterment’s total compensation package for employees.
New York City: $80,000 - $85,000
We offer a competitive equity package, health, dental and vision benefits, and a 401(k) offering with employer match as well as flexible PTO policy. This job is eligible for variable compensation in the form of a discretionary company incentive bonus.
A day in the life
- Conduct in-depth analysis of historical and current Sales and Marketing data to identify patterns and opportunities for optimization.
- Generate regular reports and performance dashboards, providing key insights and actionable recommendations to support revenue growth strategies.
- Assist in the development of sales and marketing forecasts and projections based on market dynamics, business performance, and external factors.
- Collect, clean, enrich and analyze large datasets related to Sales and Marketing channels, sales performance, and prospect databases.
- Collaborate with Revenue Operations Manager to identify gaps and bottlenecks in the sales process, and propose process improvements for increased efficiency and conversion rates.
- Partner with Account Executives on operational procedures that accelerate sales cycle.
- Use data-driven insights to optimize sales enablement strategies and programs
- Cultivate strong cross-functional relationships with the Sales and Marketing teams
What we’re looking for
- 2 years of experience in revenue operations, sales operations, strategy or a similar analytical role, preferably in a technology or SaaS company.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools such as Excel, SQL, or similar. Familiarity with business intelligence and reporting tools like Looker is a plus.
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of collaborating with multiple teams
- Quick learning skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
What being at Betterment means for you
We change lives
Join a community of innovators working to transform financial outcomes for real people. Your work will make an impact, always laddering up to our mission: making people's lives better.
We set audacious goals
We set them for the company, our customers, and ourselves—and we won’t stop until we reach them. We don’t just show up; we give our all, then celebrate our wins.
We value all perspectives
When we collaborate, we're at our best. We believe diverse perspectives lead to better outcomes and strive to uphold our supportive and inclusive community.
We invest in you with:
- A competitive suite of benefits, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance; life and AD&D insurance; STD and LTD benefits, including infertility support and World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits; and generous parental leave.
- Flexible paid time off (and encouragement to use it!)
- Meaningful opportunity for community building through our 6 Employee Resource Groups
- Empowerment to own and lead change and affect the business
- Dedicated professional development opportunities
- Complimentary financial advice from our team of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERS™️
- Lunch from our in-house chef three days a week at our NYC headquarters
What happens next
We’ll take a few weeks to review all applications. If we’d like to spend more time with you, we’ll reach out to arrange next steps, which will include 3-4 sets of meetings with your future colleagues.
In the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our questions will be aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. Depending on the role, we may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, as we want to collect a robust set of data points to better inform our decisions.
On average, it takes us around 3-5 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability and sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 2-3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision. Please note that, as we usually receive an overwhelming number of applications for open positions, we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you considering Betterment as the next step in your career, and our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process!
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates upon request. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Betterment participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please note that we do not use this information to pre-screen job applicants.
E-Verify Notice (Spanish)
Right to Work Notice
Right to Work Notice (Spanish)
CPRA Language - CA Applicants ONLY
For jobs based out of our NYC HQ, we require in office attendance Tuesday through Thursday, weekly.