Software Engineer, Full Stack (Compliance Controls)
Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
Benchling is on a mission to accelerate the pace of life sciences research and development. To do that, we build a suite of tools that scientists use daily to solve humanity's most pressing problems. The tools we build must be optimized to make scientists more efficient in their work, across a broad spectrum of research, development, and manufacturing tasks.
For our customers to succeed in bringing potentially life-saving products to market, they need to be able to demonstrate proven and reproducible processes that can be audited and approved, including by regulatory authorities. The mission of the Compliance Controls team is to support our customers with their auditing and compliance needs, thereby accelerating their time to market in delivering products with life-changing potential. The team aims to enable customers to gather, assemble, export and archive the records of events, activities and data that they need for audit and compliance purposes. The team helps our customers ensure the integrity of their data by being responsible for application-level controls across Benchling.
The Compliance Control team also owns exports and backups of customer data across the entire Benchling platform. This is a critical requirement for large scale customers, giving them the confidence to put all of their data into Benchling.
- Own projects end-to-end, from initial design, to prototype, to large-scale rollout.
- Develop frameworks that other engineering teams use to enable auditing, and data export capabilities in the features they create.
- Create an in-application reporting system that will allow our customers to extract data from their laboratory activities, which is critical to their ability to bring products like life-saving drugs to market.
- Work closely with product managers, designers, marketing, and sales to ensure the right context is being shared.
- Help rapidly scale our product and team. As a member of the engineering team, you'll be an integral part of how we mature our tooling, best practices, engineering processes, and hiring.
- You have 2+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Build software with a product-first approach and an emphasis on long-term reliability. You ship code quickly and care about the real world impact of your code.
- Expertise developing user-facing experiences in a web application.
- Have strong abilities in problem solving and iterating on feedback.
- Enjoy ownership and building key pieces of product.
- Are interested in learning more about life science (prior knowledge is not required; desire to learn is a must).
- Willing to work onsite in our SF office 3 days a week.
Nice to haves:
- Experience on platform engineering team
- Experience developing customer-facing web applications
Benchling takes a market-based approach to pay. The candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, interview performance, and work location. For this role the base salary range is $134,000 to $182,000.
To help you determine which zone applies to your location, please see this resource. If you have questions regarding a specific location's zone designation, please contact a recruiter for additional information.
Total Compensation includes the following:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision for employees
- Fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend
- Mental health benefits + Wellness stipend
- Learning and development stipend
- Generous PTO
- Company-wide Summer & Winter holiday shutdown
- Sabbaticals for 5-year and 10-year anniversaries
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.