Leader, Customer Success
Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
Benchling is seeking a Customer Success Leader with a background in Life Sciences and enterprise SaaS. As the Lead of Mid Market Customer Success, you will manage a team of Mid Market Customer Success Managers (CSMs) and have responsibility over a growing portfolio of Benchling customers.
You’re a hands-on leader who enjoys working closely with their teams and with their customers to drive significant adoption and customer advocacy. You must be able to think and act strategically as well as get into the details of our customer engagements, and our product. You will develop an understanding of Benchling’s solutions, and demonstrate your experience to guide our teams to establish significant adoption strategies, to focus on customer outcome realization, and to build processes that scale.
To be successful in this role, you are comfortable with R&D processes and scientific concepts, and be able to speak confidently and build relationships with Scientific and IT leaders at leading Pharma and Biotech organizations. You have experience leading customer-facing teams in a high growth enterprise SaaS environment. And you are a proven leader who can drive a CS business from hiring and staffing, to managing and mentoring your team, to leading customer governance and renewal negotiations.
- Build, lead and run a high caliber, team of CSMs focused on Mid Market Customers.
- Advise the activities of the team through ongoing account management oversight, cross functional partnership development, and ultimately delivering high quality customer outcomes.
- Refine and build scalable customer engagement best practices and processes, and find opportunities to improve our CS operating model and tools.
- Develop relationships at senior levels in our customer’s organizations including with executive sponsors, key business and IT collaborators, and project team leads.
- Act as the escalation point for customer issues, work with other teams throughout Benchling to develop solutions to problems, drive customer alignment, and be accountable for overall customer success and renewal probabilities.
- Work with Sales and Customer Experience leadership teams on growing and retaining customers.
- BA/BS or M.Sc. in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biotechnology, Bioengineering or similar life science field.
- You are able to quickly understand complicated technical concepts and how they apply to the Benchling applications.
- Experience working with Life Sciences companies and have an understanding of R&D processes and scientific concepts.
- Experience confidently working with Director, VP and C-Level leaders from day 1 on the job.
- 7+ years client facing SaaS Customer Success, software implementation, and/or consulting experience, with demonstrated success running a large book of business
- 2+ years experience building and leading teams of 4-8 people. Be able to recruit, hire, lead and grow a high-functioning Customer Success team.
- Solid understanding of the ideal customer journey/lifecycle within a diverse range of businesses and a track record of cross-functional leadership.
- Independent, adaptable, and can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal, written and presentation formats.
Benchling takes a market-based approach to pay. The candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, interview performance, and work location. For this role the base salary range is $142,715 - $193,085.
Total Compensation includes the following:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision for employees
- Fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend
- Mental health benefits + Wellness stipend
- Learning and development stipend
- Generous PTO
- Company-wide Summer & Winter holiday shutdown
- Sabbaticals for 5-year and 10-year anniversaries
#LI-SF1 #LI-Hybrid #BI-Hybrid
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.
Something looks off?