Global Program Manager
Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
Benchling is seeking an experienced customer-facing Global Program Manager (GPM) to oversee the post-sale experience for our largest global customers. The GPM will partner closely with the Global Account Manager (GAM) to ensure that customers achieve rapid time to value and see the value in expanding their relationship with Benchling as they transform and modernize their R&D IT. The GPM will coordinate implementation, customer success, and customer support efforts to ensure customers have a seamless experience post-sale.
The GPM must have deep experience in Life Sciences R&D processes and scientific concepts as well as operating in an enterprise SaaS environment and be adept at working with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Oversee post-sale activities across implementation, support, customer success, and optimization services for one or more more global customers
- Partner with customer leaders and Benchling account teams to develop implementation, governance, change management, adoption, and success plans that accelerate customer digital transformations
- Liaise with customer leaders and be known as a diplomatic, pragmatic partner, who operates with sense of urgency to effect a best in class customer experience
- Partner with GAM to ensure seamless customer experience and grow the account
- Support the development of implementation and other services proposals and contract negotiation
- Coordinate Customer Success and Support activities to drive customer value, adoption, and advocacy
- Partner with Product Management to maintain strategic engagement and alignment of customer needs with product roadmap
- You will help shape the long-term strategy and vision for the Global services business
- You will inspire your cross-functional account team to accelerate our growth within the world’s largest biopharma companies by delivering exceptional customer experiences
- You will be seen as a trusted advisor who has the customer’s best interests in mind, even when it means having a hard conversation
- You will mentor, coach, and champion your cross-functional account team as you help them grow their professional skills
- You will contribute meaningfully to running a profitable services business that doesn’t sacrifice quality or customer success in doing so
- You will be a respected cross-functional parter to our Sales, Solutions, and Product teams, known for fairly advocating for both the customer and for Benchling
- Passionate about and experience working with Life Sciences companies with an understanding of R&D processes and scientific concepts. Must be able to confidently engage and build trust with scientific, informatics, IT, and Director/VP level audiences in top-20 Biotech and Pharma companies.
- You are highly accountable and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You have strong executive presence and succeed in a matrixed environment where you have accountability without authority.
- At least 15 years client facing implementation, program leadership and/or consulting experience, with demonstrated record of successfully running large scale programs, ideally in the Life Sciences space
- Proven ability to lead 10+ person cross-functional post-sale teams to deliver transformational change with superior relationship, project management, organizational, and commercial skills
- Experienced in project management for multi-workstream enterprise SaaS deployments including scope management, budget control, project and executive reporting, and project financials
- Experience in services commercials including SOWs, budgeting, resourcing, and change orders
- Excellent interpersonal skills in verbal, written and presentation formats
- Ability to work at customer site, or in the SF or Boston offices based on customer and project needs
- BS or advanced degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biotechnology, Bioengineering or similar life science field preferred, or equivalent professional experience working with Life Sciences R&D processes and/or healthcare technology.
Benchling takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. The candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, interview performance, and work location.
- Zone 1: $136,170 - $184,230
- Zone 2: $122,553 - $165,807
- Zone 3: $115,745 - $156,596
To help you determine which zone applies to your location, please see this resource. If you have questions regarding a specific location's zone designation, please contact a recruiter for additional information.
Total Compensation includes the following:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision for employees
- Fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend
- Mental health benefits + Wellness stipend
- Learning and development stipend
- Generous PTO
- Company-wide winter and summer holiday shutdown
- Sabbaticals for 5-year and 10-year anniversaries
#LI-SF1 #LI-Hybrid #BI-Hybrid
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.
Something looks off?