Field Service Operations Lead
What we’re building
Our vision is to electrify all waterborne vessels, and we're starting with electric water sport boats.
Gas boats dominate today’s marine industry not because of great product offerings but because of a lack of better alternatives. Boaters have grown accustomed to vehicles that feel stuck in the 1980s: unreliable, expensive, loud, noxious, and a nightmare to own and operate. They’re also awful for the water and air they reside in.
By contrast, electric boats are superior in nearly every way: not only are they far more reliable and less costly to operate, but they’re also quieter, quicker, and cleaner, with no fumes or pollutants. However, they’ve been held back by both the technology and the talent to make them truly competitive with gas alternatives. That’s Arc’s opportunity.
Using modern, aerospace- and automotive-inspired techniques, we’re building our hulls, batteries, cooling systems, firmware, and software together to deliver the next generation of watercraft.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone that is excited by our vision, eager for a challenge, and willing to learn on the job. We pride ourselves on transparency and operate in a lean, high-trust environment that encourages everyone to take ownership over their domain.
You will be a full-time member of our Field Service team and will work from our manufacturing facility in Los Angeles. Given that we’re a startup, you will be working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment that requires adaptability. That said, here are some responsibilities and qualifications we expect to stay relatively constant for this role.
- Project managing field service trips and prioritizing service work scope between internal and customer vehicles
- Organizing service personnel, parts, work instructions, and tooling
- Developing robust service standards, processes, and other documentation required for safe and efficient service trips
- Collaborating with mechanical, electrical, and production engineering teams to implement feedback for easing service trips and reducing service/recall risk
- 5+ years of project management, operations, or a related field
- Strong project management and professional communication skills
- Experience, or a passion for, boating and familiarity with the marine industry
- A people-centric mindset to aid relationship building and service execution
- A scrappy “get-things-done” approach to help execute on things that the company hasn’t tried before and learn on the fly
- Willingness to get hands on investigating issues that appear post delivery
- Ability to operate independently and make data-backed decisions on the go
- Experience with powerboats on and off the water and ability to spend lots of time on them
- Prior experience in a fast-paced manufacturing setting
- Experience troubleshooting electromechanical systems, such as harnessing, coolant, and drivetrains
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Ability to articulate and defend data backed decisions
- Strong time management skills
At Arc, we encourage diversity and consider all qualified applicants equally for employment, regardless of background, identity, or status. You’re always welcome to reach out even if you don’t meet many of these qualifications. Passion and aptitude make up for a lot.
What we value
We value these five things above all else:
- Ownership over both your work and the company’s success
- Empathy for colleagues and for customers
- Humility in problem solving and collaboration
- Pragmatism for navigating ambiguity quickly and sensibly
- Diversity of background, opinion, culture, etc.
Given that we work in a sometimes intense or stressful environment, it’s vital that our values align. We’d be happy to elaborate on any or all of these during the interview process.
What you’ll get
- Talented teammates that challenge you to be better
- Access and often input to a wide range of business activities
- Salary between $100,000-$140,000
- A meaningful equity stake
- An opportunity to have an outsized impact on industry-defining vehicles
- The ability to drive positive environmental change through your work
- Nearly free health insurance (we cover 99%) and a 401k
- Generous parental leave
- Daily lunches, plenty of snacks, lots of swag, and more
- Boat rides!
Hope to hear from you soon!
The crew at Arc