Marketing and Design Specialist
What we’re building
Our vision is to electrify all waterborne vessels, and we're starting with electric water sport boats.
Gas boats dominate today’s marine industry not because of great product offerings but because of a lack of better alternatives. Boaters have grown accustomed to vehicles that feel stuck in the 1980s: unreliable, expensive, loud, noxious, and a nightmare to own and operate. They’re also awful for the water and air they reside in.
By contrast, electric boats are superior in nearly every way: not only are they far more reliable and less costly to operate, but they’re also quieter, quicker, and cleaner, with no fumes or pollutants. However, they’ve been held back by both the technology and the talent to make them truly competitive with gas alternatives. That’s Arc’s opportunity.
Using modern, aerospace- and automotive-inspired techniques, we’re building our hulls, batteries, cooling systems, firmware, and software together to deliver the next generation of watercraft.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone that is excited by our vision, eager for a challenge, and willing to learn on the job. We pride ourselves on transparency and operate in a lean, high-trust environment that encourages everyone to take ownership over their domain.
You will report directly to the Marketing Lead, and will play a pivotal role in establishing and maintaining a strong and consistent brand identity for our company. You will work from our manufacturing facility in Los Angeles.
Given that we’re a startup, you will be working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment that requires adaptability. That said, here are some responsibilities and qualifications we expect to stay relatively constant for this role.
- Designing and producing visually captivating assets that align with the brand’s identity, including: email campaigns, banners, ads, product catalogs, infographics, social media posts, company presentations, signage, swag, and packaging
- Managing Arc’s website and digital platforms, ensuring an great experience and seamlessly integrating our brand’s visuals
- Collaborating across functions to infuse the brand’s design philosophy into our projects, products, and events
- Staying current with industry trends and best practices
- Ensuring brand consistency across all materials and channels
- Bachelor's degree in Design or related field
- At least 3 years of marketing, graphic and multimedia design experience
- Proficiency in G-Suite and design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) or Figma
- Design skills across typography, color, and layout
- Knowledge of web design and UX principles
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with email marketing tools such as Mailchimp, Hubspot, or Litmus
- Basic knowledge of web development, e.g. HTML/CSS
- Motion graphics experience is a plus
- Photography and video editing experience is a plus
At Arc, we encourage diversity and consider all qualified applicants equally for employment, regardless of background, identity, or status. You’re always welcome to reach out even if you don’t meet many of these qualifications. Passion and aptitude make up for a lot.
What we value
We value these five things above all else:
- Ownership over both your work and the company’s success
- Empathy for colleagues and for customers
- Humility in problem solving and collaboration
- Pragmatism for navigating ambiguity quickly and sensibly
- Inclusion of different backgrounds, opinions, cultures, etc.
Given that we work in a sometimes intense or stressful environment, it’s vital that our values align. We’d be happy to elaborate on any or all of these during the interview process.
What you’ll get
- Talented teammates that challenge you to be better
- Access and often input to a wide range of business activities
- Salary between $85,000 and $145,000
- A meaningful equity stake
- An opportunity to have an outsized impact on industry-defining vehicles
- The ability to drive positive environmental change through your work
- Nearly free health insurance (we cover 99%) and a 401k
- Generous parental leave
- Daily lunches, plenty of snacks, lots of swag, and more
- Boat rides!
Hope to hear from you soon!
The crew at Arc