What we’re building
Our vision is to electrify all waterborne vessels, and we're starting with electric watersport boats.
An electric boat is superior to a gas boat in almost every way: not only is it way easier to maintain (the single biggest pain point of owning a gas boat) and a lot cheaper to operate (a day of use costs ~$10 compared to ~$100 for a gas boat), but it’s also quieter, faster, more stable, and cleaner, with no fumes or pollutants.
Battery tech is finally good enough to pull this off, but a truly performant electric boat also requires a strong, lightweight hull to accommodate the large battery. With years of experience in aerospace manufacturing, we believe we can disrupt the gasoline boating industry through first principle engineering, innovative production techniques, and a scrappy start-up approach to problem solving.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who is excited by our vision, eager for the challenge, and willing to learn on the job. Given that we’re an early stage company, you will be working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment, located in our manufacturing facility in Los Angeles. More than anything, we’re looking for someone that can adapt to the changing needs of the company. That said, there are some responsibilities and qualifications we expect to stay relatively constant for this role.
- Architecting and designing the vehicle interiors
- Owning hardware from start to finish, including specifications, design, prototyping, testing, and high-volume manufacturing
- Conducting human factors engineering to ensure fit, form, and function of all interiors
- Using a combination of CAD and hands-on prototyping to engineer parts
- Steering decisions between in-house manufacturing and outsourced procurement
- Interfacing with suppliers and contractors
- Supporting the design of next generation products
- Experience designing interiors or other user-facing products
- Hands-on project experience
- Excellent grasp of the fundamentals of Mechanical Design Engineering
- Familiarity with luxury vehicle design, such as cars, planes, or yachts
- Exposure to with sheet metal manufacturing, CNC machining, CAM, and shop tools
- Experience with CAD and FEA software packages
- Prior experience in a fast-paced manufacturing setting
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Ability to articulate and defend engineering decisions
- Strong time management skills
- Comfortable working 50 hours a week
At Arc, we encourage diversity and consider all qualified applicants equally for employment, regardless of background, identity, or status. You're welcome to reach out even if you feel you don't meet these qualifications. Passion and aptitude make up for a lot.
What we value
We value these three things above all else:
- Empathy, for colleagues and for customers
- Pragmatism, for navigating ambiguity quickly and sensibly
- Diversity, of background, opinion, culture, etc.
Given that we’re a small team working in a sometimes intense or stressful environment, it’s vital that our values align. We’d be happy to elaborate on any or all of these during the interview process.
What you’ll get
- Talented teammates that challenge you to be better
- Access to and input over all aspects of the business
- A meaningful equity stake
- A salary between $110,000 to $150,000
- An opportunity to have an outsized impact on industry-defining vehicles
- The ability to drive positive environmental change through your work
- Nearly free health insurance (we cover 99%)
- Daily lunches and plenty of snacks
- Unlimited boat rides!
Hope to hear from you soon!
The crew at Arc