Global Supply Manager
What we’re building
Our vision is to electrify all waterborne vessels, and we're starting with electric water sport boats.
Gas boats dominate today’s marine industry not because of great product offerings but because of a lack of better alternatives. Boaters have grown accustomed to vehicles that feel stuck in the 1980s: unreliable, expensive, loud, noxious, and a nightmare to own and operate. They’re also awful for the water and air they reside in.
By contrast, electric boats are superior in nearly every way: not only are they far more reliable and less costly to operate, but they’re also quieter, quicker, and cleaner, with no fumes or pollutants. However, they’ve been held back by both the technology and the talent to make them truly competitive with gas alternatives. That’s Arc’s opportunity.
Using modern, aerospace- and automotive-inspired techniques, we’re building our hulls, batteries, cooling systems, firmware, and software together to deliver the next generation of watercraft.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone that is excited by our vision, eager for the challenge, and willing to learn on the job. We pride ourselves on transparency and operate in a lean, high-trust environment that encourages everyone to take ownership over their domain.
You will be a full-time member of our Supply Chain team and will work from our manufacturing facility in Los Angeles. Given that we’re a startup, you will be working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment that requires adaptability. That said, here are some responsibilities and qualifications we expect to stay relatively constant for this role.
- Developing and executing sourcing strategies to ensure a reliable, cost-effective supply of products and services
- Identifying, evaluating, and managing suppliers, including performance assessments, issue resolution, and cost control
- Preparing, evaluating, and documenting RFx packages
- Leading supplier contract negotiations, including NDAs, T&Cs, and Supply Agreements
- Collaborating with engineering and production to aid prototype builds, production milestones, design changes, and sourcing progress
- Mitigating supply chain risks, reporting critical concerns to management, and proactively navigating geopolitical, economic, and environmental risk factors
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering, or a related field
- 4+ years in global supply chain management, procurement, or sourcing
- Strong understanding of supply chain principles, best practices, and industry trends
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and/or experienced doing business in China
- Prior experience in a fast-paced manufacturing setting
- Analytical mindset with the ability to leverage data for informed decision-making
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Comfortable pushing an intense but sustainable pace
- Enthusiasm for boating and clean energy
At Arc, we encourage diversity and consider all qualified applicants equally for employment, regardless of background, identity, or status. You’re always welcome to reach out even if you don’t meet many of these qualifications. Passion and aptitude make up for a lot.
What we value
We value these five things above all else:
- Ownership over both your work and the company’s success
- Empathy for colleagues and for customers
- Humility in problem solving and collaboration
- Pragmatism for navigating ambiguity quickly and sensibly
- Inclusion of different backgrounds, opinions, cultures, etc.
Given that we work in a sometimes intense or stressful environment, it’s vital that our values align. We’d be happy to elaborate on any or all of these during the interview process.
What you’ll get
- Talented teammates that challenge you to be better
- Access and often input to a wide range of business activities
- Salary between $130,000 - $160,000
- A meaningful equity stake
- An opportunity to have an outsized impact on industry-defining vehicles
- The ability to drive positive environmental change through your work
- Nearly free health insurance (we cover 99%) and a 401k
- Generous parental leave
- Daily lunches, plenty of snacks, lots of swag, and more
- Boat rides!
Hope to hear from you soon!
The crew at Arc