What we’re building
Our vision is to electrify all waterborne vessels, and we're starting with electric water sport boats.
Gas boats dominate today’s marine industry not because of great product offerings but because of a lack of better alternatives. Boaters have grown accustomed to vehicles that feel stuck in the 1980s: unreliable, expensive, loud, noxious, and a nightmare to own and operate. They’re also awful for the water and air they reside in.
By contrast, electric boats are superior in nearly every way: not only are they far more reliable and less costly to operate, but they’re also quieter, quicker, and cleaner, with no fumes or pollutants. However, they’ve been held back by both the technology and the talent to make them truly competitive with gas alternatives. That’s Arc’s opportunity.
Using modern, aerospace- and automotive-inspired techniques, we’re building our hulls, batteries, cooling systems, firmware, and software together to deliver the next generation of watercraft.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who enjoys solving difficult technical problems, still likes to get hands on, and is always willing to learn. We pride ourselves on transparency and operate in a lean, high-trust environment that encourages everyone to take ownership over their domain.
You will be a full-time member of our Test team and will work from our manufacturing facility in Los Angeles. Given that we’re a startup, you will be working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment that requires adaptability. That said, here are some responsibilities and qualifications we expect to stay relatively constant for this role.
- Fabricate, assemble, and build metallic and non-metallic assemblies
- Advise on the design of assemblies, components, and testing
- Setting up and utilizing test equipment such as digital multimeters, power supplies, and data acquisition systems
- Contribute to improving workshop standards, protocols, and processes
- Solve technical problems as required to meet build objectives
- Read and follow engineering drawings, assembly prints, electrical schematics, and build instructions
- Proficiency using mechanical power tools and machining tools such as mills, lathes, and saws
- Knowledge using TIG and MIG welding for steel and aluminum
- Able to run test procedures, gather data, and provide results
- Able to work well on a team with a positive attitude
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Organized and quality oriented with attention to detail
- Able to stand 6-10 hours per day and lift up to 50 lbs
- Proficient computer skills
- High school degree or GED certification
- Prior experience in a fast-paced manufacturing setting
- Strong time management skills and clear written and verbal communication
- Comfortable pushing an intense but sustainable pace
- Enthusiasm for boating and clean energy
At Arc, we encourage diversity and consider all qualified applicants equally for employment, regardless of background, identity, or status. You’re always welcome to reach out even if you don’t meet many of these qualifications. Passion and aptitude make up for a lot.
What we value
We value these five things above all else:
- Ownership over both your work and the company’s success
- Empathy for colleagues and for customers
- Humility in problem solving and collaboration
- Pragmatism for navigating ambiguity quickly and sensibly
- Diversity of background, opinion, culture, etc.
Given that we work in a sometimes intense or stressful environment, it’s vital that our values align. We’d be happy to elaborate on any or all of these during the interview process.
What you’ll get
- Talented teammates that challenge you to be better
- Access and often input to a wide range of business activities
- Salary between $37.50 and $45 per hour
- A meaningful equity stake
- An opportunity to have an outsized impact on industry-defining vehicles
- The ability to drive positive environmental change through your work
- Nearly free health insurance (we cover 99%) and a 401k
- Generous parental leave
- Daily lunches, plenty of snacks, lots of swag, and more
- Boat rides!
Hope to hear from you soon!
The crew at Arc