Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
We are looking for an expert in Revenue Accounting to join our Finance and Accounting Team. In this role, you oversee day-to-day revenue accounting operations and manage key revenue recognition and reporting functions. As we scale our business, you will build scalable processes to support our growth. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a significant impact on the financial infrastructure of an innovative company, come join our mission to build beneficial AI.
Anthropic is an AI safety and research company that’s working to build reliable, interpretable, and steerable AI systems. We want AI to be safe and beneficial for our customers and for society as a whole. Our interdisciplinary team has experience across ML, physics, policy, business and product.
- Ensure accurate revenue recognition under US GAAP, particularly for non-standard contracts
- Manage full revenue cycle from quote to cash; develop credit control processes
- Prepare and automate real-time and monthly revenue reporting and relevant KPIs and metrics
- Identify opportunities to increase sales and billing efficiency through process improvements
- Collaborate with FP&A and GTM teams to optimize customer lifecycle and revenue conversion
- Work cross-functionally to drive data-based decisions across FP&A, Trust and Safety, GTM, and operations
You may be a good fit if you:
- Have 6+ years accounting experience, preferably with exposure to usage- and subscription-based revenue models
- Have a Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, or other quantitative discipline; CPA preferred
- Have experience with revenue recognition standards (ASC 606) and sales processes
- Are proficient in accounting systems and data analysis; NetSuite preferred
- Have a history of building and implementing scalable accounting processes
- Are able to meet deadlines and handle ambiguity
- Possess solid analytical skills and business acumen
- Are an exceptional communicator and enjoy collaboration
- Are keen attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Strong organizational and project management skills
Strong candidates may also:
- Have 3+ years of revenue accounting experience in startup or high-growth environments, and/or 2+ years of experience in a public company (included in the 6+ years mentioned above)
- Be familiar with both Business-to-Business and Business-to-Consumer SaaS revenue
- Have experience working with high volume of transactions
- Possess knowledge of sales operations and go-to-market strategies
Annual Salary (USD)
- The expected salary range for this position is $140-210k USD.
Location-based hybrid policy: Currently, we expect all staff to be in our office at least 25% of the time.
Deadline to apply: None. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
US visa sponsorship: We do sponsor visas! However, we aren't able to successfully sponsor visas for every role and every candidate; operations roles are especially difficult to support. But if we make you an offer, we will make every effort to get you into the United States, and we retain an immigration lawyer to help with this.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every single qualification. Not all strong candidates will meet every single qualification as listed. Research shows that people who identify as being from underrepresented groups are more prone to experiencing imposter syndrome and doubting the strength of their candidacy, so we urge you not to exclude yourself prematurely and to submit an application if you're interested in this work. We think AI systems like the ones we're building have enormous social and ethical implications. We think this makes representation even more important, and we strive to include a range of diverse perspectives on our team.
Compensation and Benefits*
Anthropic’s compensation package consists of three elements: salary, equity, and benefits. We are committed to pay fairness and aim for these three elements collectively to be highly competitive with market rates.
Equity - On top of this position's salary (listed above), equity will be a major component of the total compensation. We aim to offer higher-than-average equity compensation for a company of our size, and communicate equity amounts at the time of offer issuance.
Benefits - Benefits we offer include:
- Optional equity donation matching at a 3:1 ratio, up to 50% of your equity grant.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and all your dependents.
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching.
- 21 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Unlimited PTO – most staff take between 4-6 weeks each year, sometimes more!
- Stipends for education, home office improvements, commuting, and wellness.
- Fertility benefits via Carrot.
- Daily lunches and snacks in our office.
- Relocation support for those moving to the Bay Area.
* This compensation and benefits information is based on Anthropic’s good faith estimate for this position, in San Francisco, CA, as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors, including where you place on our internal performance ladders, which is based on factors including past work experience, relevant education, and performance on our interviews or in a work trial.
How we're different
We believe that the highest-impact AI research will be big science. At Anthropic we work as a single cohesive team on just a few large-scale research efforts. And we value impact — advancing our long-term goals of steerable, trustworthy AI — rather than work on smaller and more specific puzzles. We view AI research as an empirical science, which has as much in common with physics and biology as with traditional efforts in computer science. We're an extremely collaborative group, and we host frequent research discussions to ensure that we are pursuing the highest-impact work at any given time. As such, we greatly value communication skills. We're trying to build a core of knowledge and intuition about the most robustly effective innovations in AI, and so thoroughly-documented null results are almost as valuable as positive discoveries. We do not have boundaries between engineering and research, and we expect all of our technical staff to contribute to both as needed.
The easiest way to understand our research directions is to read our recent research. This research continues many of the directions our team worked on prior to Anthropic, including: GPT-3, Circuit-Based Interpretability, Multimodal Neurons, Scaling Laws, AI & Compute, Concrete Problems in AI Safety, and Learning from Human Preferences.
Come work with us!
Anthropic is a public benefit corporation based in San Francisco. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, optional equity donation matching, generous vacation and parental leave, flexible working hours, and a lovely office space in which to collaborate with colleagues.