San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2023
We are hiring a Facilities Coordinator to join Anthropic. If you love creating spaces where your colleagues can focus, collaborate, and do their best work, you might be a great fit for this role! We’re primarily in-person, so we really care that our office is a place where staff feel welcome and supported.
Anthropic’s mission is to create reliable, interpretable, and steerable AI systems. We want AI to be safe and beneficial for our users and for society as a whole. Our team is a quickly growing group of committed researchers, engineers, policy experts, and business leaders working together to build beneficial AI systems.
- Elevate our existing spaces and create a more fun and functional place to work
- Partner with people ops, security, and vendors to ensure that our office supports focused work and the fruitful exchange of ideas
- Manage the vendors who handle day-to-day operations, including food and snacks, deliveries, inventory management, cleaning, and security
- Develop and preserve office culture and norms, for example our COVID or guest policies
- "Keep the lights on,” including event & meeting support, emergency planning, managing maintenance and repair requests, and helping us stay compliant with local codes
You may be a good fit if you:
- Have prior experience in facilities coordination, ideally 2+ years
- Enjoy juggling multiple projects, especially in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Have a service and solution-based mindset/internal customer orientation, and are excited to take on essential but behind-the-scenes tasks to help our teams do impactful work
- Enjoy rolling up your sleeves and handling day-to-day tasks as they arise–no task is too big or too small
Strong candidates may also have:
- Prior experience with vendor management
- Interest in artificial intelligence and care that it is developed safely and beneficially
- Knowledge of facilities-related systems, equipment, and infrastructure with the ability to supervise maintenance, repairs, and services
- Up-to-date knowledge of technological, regulatory, security, and workplace trends related to facilities management
- Experience with managing permit, license, and inspection requirements, ensuring facilities meet all mandated regulations
- Hospitality experience of some kind
Candidates need not have:
- Candidates do not need to have 100% of the skills listed to perform the job, nor do they need formal certifications or education credentials.
Annual Salary (USD)
- The expected salary range for this position is $115 - $160k.
Location-based hybrid policy: Currently, we expect all staff to be in our office at least 25% of the time.
Deadline to apply: None. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
US visa sponsorship: We do sponsor visas! However, we aren't able to successfully sponsor visas for every role and every candidate; operations roles are especially difficult to support. But if we make you an offer, we will make every effort to get you into the United States, and we retain an immigration lawyer to help with this.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every single qualification. Not all strong candidates will meet every single qualification as listed. Research shows that people who identify as being from underrepresented groups are more prone to experiencing imposter syndrome and doubting the strength of their candidacy, so we urge you not to exclude yourself prematurely and to submit an application if you're interested in this work. We think AI systems like the ones we're building have enormous social and ethical implications. We think this makes representation even more important, and we strive to include a range of diverse perspectives on our team.
Compensation and Benefits*
Anthropic’s compensation package consists of three elements: salary, equity, and benefits. We are committed to pay fairness and aim for these three elements collectively to be highly competitive with market rates.
Equity - On top of this position's salary (listed above), equity will be a major component of the total compensation. We aim to offer higher-than-average equity compensation for a company of our size, and communicate equity amounts at the time of offer issuance.
Benefits - Benefits we offer include:
- Optional equity donation matching at a 3:1 ratio, up to 50% of your equity grant.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and all your dependents.
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching.
- 21 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Unlimited PTO – most staff take between 4-6 weeks each year, sometimes more!
- Stipends for education, home office improvements, commuting, and wellness.
- Fertility benefits via Carrot.
- Daily lunches and snacks in our office.
- Relocation support for those moving to the Bay Area.
* This compensation and benefits information is based on Anthropic’s good faith estimate for this position, in San Francisco, CA, as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors, including where you place on our internal performance ladders, which is based on factors including past work experience, relevant education, and performance on our interviews or in a work trial.
How we're different
We believe that the highest-impact AI research will be big science. At Anthropic we work as a single cohesive team on just a few large-scale research efforts. And we value impact — advancing our long-term goals of steerable, trustworthy AI — rather than work on smaller and more specific puzzles. We view AI research as an empirical science, which has as much in common with physics and biology as with traditional efforts in computer science. We're an extremely collaborative group, and we host frequent research discussions to ensure that we are pursuing the highest-impact work at any given time. As such, we greatly value communication skills. We're trying to build a core of knowledge and intuition about the most robustly effective innovations in AI, and so thoroughly-documented null results are almost as valuable as positive discoveries. We do not have boundaries between engineering and research, and we expect all of our technical staff to contribute to both as needed.
The easiest way to understand our research directions is to read our recent research. This research continues many of the directions our team worked on prior to Anthropic, including: GPT-3, Circuit-Based Interpretability, Multimodal Neurons, Scaling Laws, AI & Compute, Concrete Problems in AI Safety, and Learning from Human Preferences.
Come work with us!
Anthropic is a public benefit corporation based in San Francisco. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, optional equity donation matching, generous vacation and parental leave, flexible working hours, and a lovely office space in which to collaborate with colleagues.