Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2023
As an Account Manager, you will help Anthropic’s customers harness the transformative potential of LLMs to improve their products and services. Leveraging your passion for our technology, you will build trusted relationships with key customer contacts to ensure Anthropic solutions continue delivering value.
You’ll be responsible for driving growth by identifying and closing expansion opportunities within accounts as well as owning the full renewal lifecycle. You will also inform Anthropic's product roadmap by conveying key customer insights to our product and engineering organization. To excel in this role, you need a customer-centric mindset that balances empathy, rigor, creativity, and strategic thinking.
Anthropic is an AI safety and research company that’s working to build reliable, interpretable, and steerable AI systems. We want AI to be safe and beneficial for our customers and for society as a whole. Our interdisciplinary team has experience across ML, physics, policy, business and product.
- Becoming an expert in Anthropic's products, methodology, and prompting techniques
- Gaining a deep understanding of customers' business needs and strategically guiding them to solutions leveraging Anthropic's products
- Owning the end-to-end renewal process - conducting Quarterly Business Reviews, identifying expansion opportunities, managing contract negotiations, and coordinating with product teams
- Serving as the voice of the customer by identifying patterns and feeding these insights into Anthropic's product organization
- Building trusting, strategic relationships with key customer decision makers and influencers
- Forecasting, reporting on, and proactively mitigating retention and renewal risks
You may be a good fit if you:
- 5+ years in an account management or customer-facing sales role where you consistently met or exceeded retention and upsell targets
- Ability to present and position complex products persuasively, especially when engaging with executives
- A knack for bringing order to chaos and an enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves'' mentality. You are a true team player
- Natural relationship-builder who brings structure and best practices to complex customer environments
- Strategic mindset with the ability to analyze customer needs and the market to capitalize on growth opportunities
- Passion for AI and interest in responsible development of advanced systems
- The expected salary range for this position is $200k - $240k.
Location-based hybrid policy: Currently, we expect all staff to be in our office at least 25% of the time.
Deadline to apply: None. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
US visa sponsorship: We do sponsor visas! However, we aren't able to successfully sponsor visas for every role and every candidate; operations roles are especially difficult to support. But if we make you an offer, we will make every effort to get you into the United States, and we retain an immigration lawyer to help with this.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every single qualification. Not all strong candidates will meet every single qualification as listed. Research shows that people who identify as being from underrepresented groups are more prone to experiencing imposter syndrome and doubting the strength of their candidacy, so we urge you not to exclude yourself prematurely and to submit an application if you're interested in this work. We think AI systems like the ones we're building have enormous social and ethical implications. We think this makes representation even more important, and we strive to include a range of diverse perspectives on our team.
Compensation and Benefits*
Anthropic’s compensation package consists of three elements: salary, equity, and benefits. We are committed to pay fairness and aim for these three elements collectively to be highly competitive with market rates.
Equity - On top of this position's salary (listed above), equity will be a major component of the total compensation. We aim to offer higher-than-average equity compensation for a company of our size, and communicate equity amounts at the time of offer issuance.
Benefits - Benefits we offer include:
- Optional equity donation matching at a 3:1 ratio, up to 50% of your equity grant.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and all your dependents.
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching.
- 21 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Unlimited PTO – most staff take between 4-6 weeks each year, sometimes more!
- Stipends for education, home office improvements, commuting, and wellness.
- Fertility benefits via Carrot.
- Daily lunches and snacks in our office.
- Relocation support for those moving to the Bay Area.
* This compensation and benefits information is based on Anthropic’s good faith estimate for this position, in San Francisco, CA, as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors, including where you place on our internal performance ladders, which is based on factors including past work experience, relevant education, and performance on our interviews or in a work trial.
How we're different
We believe that the highest-impact AI research will be big science. At Anthropic we work as a single cohesive team on just a few large-scale research efforts. And we value impact — advancing our long-term goals of steerable, trustworthy AI — rather than work on smaller and more specific puzzles. We view AI research as an empirical science, which has as much in common with physics and biology as with traditional efforts in computer science. We're an extremely collaborative group, and we host frequent research discussions to ensure that we are pursuing the highest-impact work at any given time. As such, we greatly value communication skills. We're trying to build a core of knowledge and intuition about the most robustly effective innovations in AI, and so thoroughly-documented null results are almost as valuable as positive discoveries. We do not have boundaries between engineering and research, and we expect all of our technical staff to contribute to both as needed.
The easiest way to understand our research directions is to read our recent research. This research continues many of the directions our team worked on prior to Anthropic, including: GPT-3, Circuit-Based Interpretability, Multimodal Neurons, Scaling Laws, AI & Compute, Concrete Problems in AI Safety, and Learning from Human Preferences.
Come work with us!
Anthropic is a public benefit corporation based in San Francisco. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, optional equity donation matching, generous vacation and parental leave, flexible working hours, and a lovely office space in which to collaborate with colleagues.