Senior Product Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Product
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2023
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Product Marketing Manager to support our B2B sales team and achieve revenue growth. You will work cross-functionally to develop compelling materials and messaging that enable our account executives to have engaging conversations that help inspire clients and close deals. You will also own our value proposition to the business community, and distill complex market and technical issues into messaging and sales materials that resonate with buyers across a wide spectrum of AI knowledge. The ideal candidate will be a data-driven storyteller who understands selling to key enterprise accounts and can motivate a wide array of customers.
Anthropic is an AI safety and research company that’s working to build reliable, interpretable, and steerable AI systems. We want AI to be safe and beneficial for our customers and for society as a whole. Our interdisciplinary team has experience across ML, physics, policy, business and product.
- Develop compelling sales narratives, battle cards, and guides to support account planning and prospecting
- Use tools like HubSpot, ZoomInfo, 6Sense and more to execute an Account Based Marketing strategy
- Conduct strategic assessments of target accounts, industries, and partnership opportunities
- Create custom collateral for priority, strategic accounts and specific verticals
- Work closely with product and research to ensure that Sales has up to date information on features, models, etc.
- Create product launch plans and coordinate the cross-functional execution of those plans
- Partner with Marketing team to align sales content with brand and key messaging
- Potentially contribute to pricing and packaging strategy
You may be a good fit if you:
- Have 3-5+ years of Sales Enablement Product Marketing or related B2B experience
- Are an expert storyteller and content creator, with a portfolio of sales tools and training
- Have a track record of achieving sales productivity and growth objectives
- Have strong collaboration, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Develop “Why Us” sales narrative and battle cards to improve win rates against key competitors
- Create customer-facing materials that tells the story of Claude’s different models and customization options
- Analyze key losses and wins over past year to identify opportunities to improve sales enablement
Annual Salary (USD)
- The expected salary range for this position is $170k-$280k
We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every single qualification. Not all strong candidates will meet every single qualification as listed. Research shows that people who identify as being from underrepresented groups are more prone to experiencing imposter syndrome and doubting the strength of their candidacy, so we urge you not to exclude yourself prematurely and to submit an application if you're interested in this work. We think AI systems like the ones we're building have enormous social and ethical implications. We think this makes representation even more important, and we strive to include a range of diverse perspectives on our team.
Compensation and Benefits*
Anthropic’s compensation package consists of three elements: salary, equity, and benefits. We are committed to pay fairness and aim for these three elements collectively to be highly competitive with market rates.
Equity - On top of this position's salary (listed above), equity will be a major component of the total compensation. We aim to offer higher-than-average equity compensation for a company of our size, and communicate equity amounts at the time of offer issuance.
Benefits - Benefits we offer include:
- Optional equity donation matching at a 3:1 ratio, up to 50% of your equity grant.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and all your dependents.
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching.
- 21 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Unlimited PTO – most staff take between 4-6 weeks each year, sometimes more!
- Stipends for education, home office improvements, commuting, and wellness.
- Fertility benefits via Carrot.
- Daily lunches and snacks in our office.
- Relocation support for those moving to the Bay Area.
* This compensation and benefits information is based on Anthropic’s good faith estimate for this position, in San Francisco, CA, as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors, including where you place on our internal performance ladders, which is based on factors including past work experience, relevant education, and performance on our interviews or in a work trial.
How we're different
We believe that the highest-impact AI research will be big science. At Anthropic we work as a single cohesive team on just a few large-scale research efforts. And we value impact — advancing our long-term goals of steerable, trustworthy AI — rather than work on smaller and more specific puzzles. We view AI research as an empirical science, which has as much in common with physics and biology as with traditional efforts in computer science. We're an extremely collaborative group, and we host frequent research discussions to ensure that we are pursuing the highest-impact work at any given time. As such, we greatly value communication skills. We're trying to build a core of knowledge and intuition about the most robustly effective innovations in AI, and so thoroughly-documented null results are almost as valuable as positive discoveries. We do not have boundaries between engineering and research, and we expect all of our technical staff to contribute to both as needed.
The easiest way to understand our research directions is to read our recent research. This research continues many of the directions our team worked on prior to Anthropic, including: GPT-3, Circuit-Based Interpretability, Multimodal Neurons, Scaling Laws, AI & Compute, Concrete Problems in AI Safety, and Learning from Human Preferences.
Come work with us!
Anthropic is a public benefit corporation based in San Francisco. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, optional equity donation matching, generous vacation and parental leave, flexible working hours, and a lovely office space in which to collaborate with colleagues.