Strategic Finance & Investor Relations
Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Join the finance team at Anthropic and help build the future of safe AI! We are looking for our first Strategic Finance and Investor Relations hire to work closely with our executive team. In this critical role, you will develop and execute strategies to drive the company's growth, raise capital, report to investors, and pursue strategic initiatives. You will be the face of Anthropic's finance team to current and prospective investors. This role is critical for ensuring Anthropic's long-term growth and success at building the future of safe AI.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop the strategic finance, investor relations, and corporate development functions of the company, reporting directly to the Head of Finance.
- Develop and execute strategies to drive the company’s financial performance, raise capital, and pursue strategic growth initiatives. Work closely with the executive team to determine key priorities and strategies.
- Manage relationships with current and prospective investors. Stay up to date with trends in generative AI and the broader tech sector to inform investor discussions.
- Identify and analyze potential M&A targets, partnerships, and strategic alliances. Lead or support commercial and financial due diligence, negotiations of deals, and company integrations.
- Build and manage high-performing teams within strategic finance, investor relations, and corporate development. Mentor and develop junior team members.
You may be a good fit if you:
- Have a passion for and/or experience with advanced AI systems, and feel strongly about ensuring these systems are developed safely.
- Have relevant experience in strategic finance, investments, corporate development or related fields, particularly in the AI or technology sectors.
- Have a proven track record of driving business growth, and sourcing/evaluating/executing M&A or strategic partnerships.
- Are highly analytical and an excellent communicator, who is able to engage and influence executives, investors, and external stakeholders.
- Have a MBA, JD, CFA, CPA, or other relevant master’s degree, although this is not required.
- Are an expert in finance and accounting systems, modeling, scenario analysis, and investor reporting.
Annual Salary (USD)
- The expected salary range for this position is $230k - $320k.
Compensation and Benefits*
Anthropic’s compensation package consists of three elements: salary, equity, and benefits. We are committed to pay fairness and aim for these three elements collectively to be highly competitive with market rates.
Equity - On top of this position's salary (listed above), equity will be a major component of the total compensation. We aim to offer higher-than-average equity compensation for a company of our size, and communicate equity amounts at the time of offer issuance.
Benefits - Benefits we offer include:
- Optional equity donation matching at a 3:1 ratio, up to 50% of your equity grant.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and all your dependents.
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching.
- 21 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Unlimited PTO – most staff take between 4-6 weeks each year, sometimes more!
- Stipends for education, home office improvements, commuting, and wellness.
- Fertility benefits via Carrot.
- Daily lunches and snacks in our office.
- Relocation support for those moving to the Bay Area.
* This compensation and benefits information is based on Anthropic’s good faith estimate for this position, in San Francisco, CA, as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors, including where you place on our internal performance ladders, which is based on factors including past work experience, relevant education, and performance on our interviews or in a work trial.
How we're different
We believe that the highest-impact AI research will be big science. At Anthropic we work as a single cohesive team on just a few large-scale research efforts. And we value impact — advancing our long-term goals of steerable, trustworthy AI — rather than work on smaller and more specific puzzles. We view AI research as an empirical science, which has as much in common with physics and biology as with traditional efforts in computer science. We're an extremely collaborative group, and we host frequent research discussions to ensure that we are pursuing the highest-impact work at any given time. As such, we greatly value communication skills.
The easiest way to understand our research directions is to read our recent research. This research continues many of the directions our team worked on prior to Anthropic, including: GPT-3, Circuit-Based Interpretability, Multimodal Neurons, Scaling Laws, AI & Compute, Concrete Problems in AI Safety, and Learning from Human Preferences.
Company-wide hybrid policy: Currently, we expect all staff to be in our office at least 25% of the time. However, different roles may have different requirements - if this role has a different preference, it will be noted above.
Deadline to apply: None. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every single qualification. Not all strong candidates will meet every single qualification as listed. Research shows that people who identify as being from underrepresented groups are more prone to experiencing imposter syndrome and doubting the strength of their candidacy, so we urge you not to exclude yourself prematurely and to submit an application if you're interested in this work. We think AI systems like the ones we're building have enormous social and ethical implications. We think this makes representation even more important, and we strive to include a range of diverse perspectives on our team.
Come work with us! Anthropic is a public benefit corporation based in San Francisco. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, optional equity donation matching, generous vacation and parental leave, flexible working hours, and a lovely office space in which to collaborate with colleagues.
See more open positions at Anthropic
Something looks off?