San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
As a Team Assistant, you will report to Daniela Amodei’s Chief of Staff, and work directly with the leadership team to ensure Anthropic runs smoothly. This is an incredible opportunity to work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. Your impact will be felt throughout the company as you work closely with the Executive and Operations teams to provide leadership support.
- Coordinating logistical support for conferences and events, in collaboration with our events team
- Managing expense claims and reimbursements for the leadership team, ensuring timely processing and accurate record-keeping
- Acting as a point of contact for external partners and vendors, building and maintaining strong relationships
- Creating and managing key documents, such as contracts and purchase orders, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Setting up and managing filing and record-keeping systems to ensure easy retrieval of information, enabling quick and efficient decision-making
- Providing seamless and welcoming experiences for visitors to Anthropic, ensuring they feel valued and appreciated
- Supporting the communications team with logistics for external speaking engagementsAssisting with ad-hoc projects and company-wide coordination, using your problem-solving skills and proactive mindset to drive positive outcomes
- Calendar support – working with Chief of Staff roles to arrange priority meetings
You may be a good fit if:
- You are highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining a high attention to detail
- You have enthusiasm for supporting the leadership team in executing their vision, and ensuring they have the necessary resources and information to succeed
- You have a positive and welcoming attitude and are able to communicate effectively with team members at all levels
- You have excellent time management skills and are able to manage multiple calendars, coordinate meetings, and travel arrangements.
- You have a proven track record of handling sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- You possess the ability to learn and navigate complex systems quickly
- You exhibit excellent computer skills, including experience with G-suite and online calendar/meeting applications
- You have experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Strong candidates may also have:
- A security mindset with a thorough understanding of data protection and privacy best practices
- Experience supporting a busy leader
Annual Salary (USD)
- The expected salary range for this position is $130k - $270k.
Hybrid policy & US visa sponsorship: Currently, we expect all staff to be in our office at least 25% of the time. We do sponsor visas! However, we aren't able to successfully sponsor visas for every role and every candidate; operations roles are especially difficult to support. But if we make you an offer, we will make every effort to get you into the United States, and we retain an immigration lawyer to help with this.
Compensation and Benefits*
Anthropic’s compensation package consists of three elements: salary, equity, and benefits. We are committed to pay fairness and aim for these three elements collectively to be highly competitive with market rates.
Equity - On top of this position's salary (listed above), equity will be a major component of the total compensation. We aim to offer higher-than-average equity compensation for a company of our size, and communicate equity amounts at the time of offer issuance.
Benefits - Benefits we offer include:
- Optional equity donation matching at a 3:1 ratio, up to 50% of your equity grant.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and all your dependents.
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching.
- 21 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Unlimited PTO – most staff take between 4-6 weeks each year, sometimes more!
- Stipends for education, home office improvements, commuting, and wellness.
- Fertility benefits via Carrot.
- Daily lunches and snacks in our office.
- Relocation support for those moving to the Bay Area.
* This compensation and benefits information is based on Anthropic’s good faith estimate for this position, in San Francisco, CA, as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors, including where you place on our internal performance ladders, which is based on factors including past work experience, relevant education, and performance on our interviews or in a work trial.
How we're different
We believe that the highest-impact AI research will be big science. At Anthropic we work as a single cohesive team on just a few large-scale research efforts. And we value impact — advancing our long-term goals of steerable, trustworthy AI — rather than work on smaller and more specific puzzles. We view AI research as an empirical science, which has as much in common with physics and biology as with traditional efforts in computer science. We're an extremely collaborative group, and we host frequent research discussions to ensure that we are pursuing the highest-impact work at any given time. As such, we greatly value communication skills.
The easiest way to understand our research directions is to read our recent research. This research continues many of the directions our team worked on prior to Anthropic, including: GPT-3, Circuit-Based Interpretability, Multimodal Neurons, Scaling Laws, AI & Compute, Concrete Problems in AI Safety, and Learning from Human Preferences.
Company-wide hybrid policy: Currently, we expect all staff to be in our office at least 25% of the time. However, different roles may have different requirements - if this role has a different preference, it will be noted above.
Deadline to apply: None. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every single qualification. Not all strong candidates will meet every single qualification as listed. Research shows that people who identify as being from underrepresented groups are more prone to experiencing imposter syndrome and doubting the strength of their candidacy, so we urge you not to exclude yourself prematurely and to submit an application if you're interested in this work. We think AI systems like the ones we're building have enormous social and ethical implications. We think this makes representation even more important, and we strive to include a range of diverse perspectives on our team.
Come work with us! Anthropic is a public benefit corporation based in San Francisco. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, optional equity donation matching, generous vacation and parental leave, flexible working hours, and a lovely office space in which to collaborate with colleagues.
See more open positions at Anthropic
Something looks off?