IT, Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
We are looking to hire a Financial Analyst to join our Financial Planning and Analysis team at Anthropic. You will participate in key processes such as annual planning, variance analysis, financial modeling, KPI setting and reporting, and automation and scale. This role is critical for ensuring Anthropic's long-term growth and success at building the future of safe AI.
Your Responsibilities Will Include...
- Implement business intelligence tools
- Develop and own financial models to support strategic initiatives
- Analyze the trends of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and report on them
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports
You May Be a Good Fit If You Have…
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Excitement about joining a company that is a public benefit corporation (PBC) and about our mission
- Experience implementing business intelligence tools
- Experience defining KPIs and developing management reports
- Comfort with working in ambiguous and evolving environments
- A high degree of ownership over tasks from inception to completion including ways to automate them and ensuring they can scale.
Experience We Like To See Includes…
- 2+ years of experience in business intelligence, business analysis, or financial planning and analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Math, Economics, or Engineering
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or Google Workspace
- Experience working with large data-sets and building complex financial models
Nice-to-haves For This Role
- We prefer candidates who are able to be in our office more than 25% of the time, though we encourage you to apply even if you don’t think you will be able to do that.
Annual Salary (USD)
- The expected salary range for this position is $140k - $160k.
Compensation and Benefits*
Anthropic’s compensation package consists of three elements: salary, equity, and benefits. We are committed to pay fairness and aim for these three elements collectively to be highly competitive with market rates.
Equity - On top of this position's salary (listed above), equity will be a major component of the total compensation. We aim to offer higher-than-average equity compensation for a company of our size, and communicate equity amounts at the time of offer issuance.
Benefits - Benefits we offer include:
- Optional equity donation matching at a 3:1 ratio, up to 50% of your equity grant.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and all your dependents.
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching.
- 21 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Unlimited PTO – most staff take between 4-6 weeks each year, sometimes more!
- Stipends for education, home office improvements, commuting, and wellness.
- Fertility benefits via Carrot.
- Daily lunches and snacks in our office.
- Relocation support for those moving to the Bay Area.
* This compensation and benefits information is based on Anthropic’s good faith estimate for this position, in San Francisco, CA, as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors, including where you place on our internal performance ladders, which is based on factors including past work experience, relevant education, and performance on our interviews or in a work trial.
How we're different
We believe that the highest-impact AI research will be big science. At Anthropic we work as a single cohesive team on just a few large-scale research efforts. And we value impact — advancing our long-term goals of steerable, trustworthy AI — rather than work on smaller and more specific puzzles. We view AI research as an empirical science, which has as much in common with physics and biology as with traditional efforts in computer science. We're an extremely collaborative group, and we host frequent research discussions to ensure that we are pursuing the highest-impact work at any given time. As such, we greatly value communication skills.
The easiest way to understand our research directions is to read our recent research. This research continues many of the directions our team worked on prior to Anthropic, including: GPT-3, Circuit-Based Interpretability, Multimodal Neurons, Scaling Laws, AI & Compute, Concrete Problems in AI Safety, and Learning from Human Preferences.
Company-wide hybrid policy: Currently, we expect all staff to be in our office at least 25% of the time. However, different roles may have different requirements - if this role has a different preference, it will be noted above.
Deadline to apply: None. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every single qualification. Not all strong candidates will meet every single qualification as listed. Research shows that people who identify as being from underrepresented groups are more prone to experiencing imposter syndrome and doubting the strength of their candidacy, so we urge you not to exclude yourself prematurely and to submit an application if you're interested in this work. We think AI systems like the ones we're building have enormous social and ethical implications. We think this makes representation even more important, and we strive to include a range of diverse perspectives on our team.
Come work with us! Anthropic is a public benefit corporation based in San Francisco. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, optional equity donation matching, generous vacation and parental leave, flexible working hours, and a lovely office space in which to collaborate with colleagues.
See more open positions at Anthropic
Something looks off?