San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, June 5, 2021
At Alloy.ai, we work with consumer goods companies that make the products we eat, wear, and use every day, as well as the ones we occasionally splurge on. We’re tackling a real and complex problem for them—managing supply and demand in the face of constantly changing customer behavior, highly complex supply chain networks, 40-year-old data standards and labor-intensive manual processes.
Alloy.ai is a fast-growing, well-funded startup with an expanding presence across the world. Our team hails from successful startups, leading tech companies and Fortune 100 enterprises. We believe deeply in fostering individual ownership, iterating to excellence, focusing on what matters, communicating openly & respectfully, and supporting one another.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Alloy.ai is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
Product Management at Alloy
Product Managers at Alloy advocate for our customers, users, and our business! We partner with engineering, customer success, marketing, and sales to drive Alloy’s product vision and ensure our products’ success from concept, through launch, and beyond. We’re solving challenging and fascinating technical problems that directly improve our customers’ businesses. Data, research, strategy, and empathy are the tools that we use to align interdisciplinary teams around a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work.
As a Product Manager at Alloy.ai, you will be part of a lean team who is directly responsible for managing our product roadmap. You need to always have a solid knowledge of the various constraints of the business, a deep understanding of our users and market, and a passion and intuition for building great software products.
While product teams at Alloy.ai are empowered to figure out the best solutions to the problems that need to be solved, we also hold those teams accountable to the results. Shipping is necessary, but not sufficient. We develop product managers that are not afraid to sign up for outcomes, even when this means they have to work through others to achieve the necessary results.
In this role, you will:
- In partnership with our Chief Customer Officer and other Product team members, own our product roadmap.
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Marketing, Client Solutions, and Engineering to develop a roadmap that will deliver a best-in-class product.
- Deeply understand Alloy.ai’s capabilities, the needs of our users, and the needs of our customers’ businesses.
- Proactively identify opportunities for Alloy.ai to leverage our technology and data capabilities to meet their needs in new and valuable ways.
- Collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new products and features, including documenting technical specifications, coordinating development and launch activities, and seeking input from key stakeholders including: users, sales, marketing, client success and Alloy leadership.
- Combine your understanding of our customers’ needs, our product’s capabilities and our business goals to help the team identify and prioritize high-value projects.
- Review and interpret qualitative and quantitative data on usage patterns to uncover new product insights.
- Act as a product expert to support GTM efforts and CS.
- You thrive in a small team where you can make a big impact. You are confident in your toolkit and experience, and you also love to pick up new skills and knowledge.
- You have an innate drive to be successful. As a foundational member of an early-stage startup, you want to take initiative and solve big problems.
- You pursue your personal objectives, but you are also comfortable working collaboratively with other disciplines. When you know a better way, you voice your opinion.
- You are both creative and analytical. You thrive in ambiguous situations and are very comfortable leading through influence rather than authority. You can move fluidly between strategy and execution.
You’ll be a great fit at Alloy if you:
- Has 6 - 8 years of Product Management leadership experience in building B2B software.
- Experience building and driving a product roadmap, grounded in the needs of customers and prospects, with a value driving and commercial mindset.
- Experience successfully launching B2B software products with ideally owning a product from ideation through launch.
- Technical fluency in big data processing, analytics and BI tools.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with the ability explain complicated concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A keen ability to understand the root need revealed by customer feedback (i.e. look beyond what the customer is asking for, and make sure you understand what they really need).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a passion for cultivating productive relationships with peers and our customers to drive the best results.
- Background in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field.
- Strong design instincts.
- Experience working in a startup environment with a desire to work in an environment that excels on fast iteration and continuous improvement.