Technical Support Engineer
About the Job:
As a key member of our team, you will leverage your technical expertise to review and troubleshoot incoming production software application issues. Serving as an escalation point for the Customer Support team, you'll be the first line of technical troubleshooting. Additionally, you will own and manage the sustenance of stable software applications, with the solutions you provide directly impacting the user experience for Airbase customers.
Success in this role hinges on your ability to learn quickly and handle disparate, overlapping tasks effectively. High-impact production issues often necessitate coordination between multiple Development, Operations, and Customer Support teams, providing you with a breadth of impact and exposure to various teams.
What You'll Do:
- Develop a deep understanding of internal applications which will include understanding of the global FinTech payment systems.
- Provide online support to Airbase customers.
- Gather detailed information on the question/issue raised to determine how to best provide assistance to the customer.
- Triaging of issues and adhering to SLAs.
- Analyze, identify, and resolve complicated problems and bug fixes.
- Escalating urgent issues quickly and engaging engineers from relevant squads as necessary to work within and measure against customer SLAs.
- Maintain an ongoing record of problem analysis and resolution activity in a tracking system visible to internal stakeholders.
- Build and maintain internal documentation.
- Proactively monitor performance of production, non-production environments, and applications.
- File and drive issues to closure with external partners.
- Work with Customer Support, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering departments to ensure fast turnaround and provide quality service to Airbase customers.
- Provide feedback from customer users to the larger team asynchronously and in recurring meetings.
- Work remotely in the US time zone (PST).
What We're Looking For:
- Confident and can effectively communicate in written English.
- At least three (3) years experience in providing production support, including performance monitoring and real-time log analysis & investigation.
- Has understanding of technologies and architectures in a highly scalable and available setup environment.
- Has understanding of highly transactional and large relational and complex systems.
- Experience with NetSuite / ERP System.
- Excellent customer orientation skills.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Self-sufficient and self-driven.
We offer competitive cash compensation and equity. We're a remote team and are happy to work with candidates from anywhere in the world.