Marketing Finance Manager
About the Role
Abnormal Security is looking for a Marketing Finance Manager to join the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team. The FP&A team owns company financial planning, forecasting, financial consolidation and reporting, supporting business insight to sales, marketing, customer success, engineering and foundation teams. We are currently seeking a dynamic Marketing Finance Manager to join our team. This role is pivotal in enhancing our marketing performance management, and ensuring the effective allocation of resources. The ideal candidate is a proactive self-starter with in-depth knowledge of marketing and a knack for driving results through collaboration with various teams across the company. The Finance Manager will play a pivotal role in optimizing marketing strategy, driving operational efficiencies and ensuring alignment across all marketing teams. This position will also manage and mentor a marketing analyst.
What you will do
- Be an strategic partner for Marketing leadership to devise annual and quarterly budgets, forecast, and multi-year projections. Lead all aspects of financial planning for headcount and operational expenses.
- Manage detailed annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, and ongoing risk and opportunity analysis to drive efficiency and accuracy in planning.
- Define, implement, and track key performance metrics that provide a clear picture of the financial health and efficiency of the marketing departments.
- Contribute to increase our forecast accuracy for both revenue and operational expenses
- Work closely with business partners to understand their teams actual and future capacity in terms of ability to invest marketing dollars as well as operationalize these efforts. Help get clarity on future capacity recommendations with ROI and top line focus
- Work cross-functionally with other departments, such as Product and Marketing, to ensure alignment of goals and cohesive financial strategies.
- Partner with Marketing Ops & Analytics and the Marketing Leadership Team to support the Marketing investment strategy through financial modeling.
- Foster a proactive partnership between Finance and business units, integrating financial management into business operations.
- Standardize and enhance monthly and quarterly close processes in coordination with Marketing, Accounting, and Procurement departments.
- Serve as a trusted finance business partner, delivering insightful analysis grounded in data to inform decision-making.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or a related field 5+ years of experience in FP&A with at least 2 years in Marketing finance roles.Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex data and draw actionable insights.
- Experience building strong business relationships across different functional areas
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.Strong project management skills, with the ability to lead cross-functional teams and manage multiple priorities.Experience with forecasting and predictive analytics.
- Proven experience in a SaaS or tech-focused company, ideally in a fast-growth environment.
- Solid understanding of SaaS metrics and their implications on financial planning.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with experience managing and mentoring direct reports.
- Strong sense of how to use data to answer critical business questions and are motivated by unlocking that capability across the company
- Enjoy working as part of a team and are customer obsessed - always going the extra mile to deliver high quality work for your stakeholders
Nice to Have
- Experience in the Cyber-security and SaaS industries
- Experience working in a fast growth private company in series C or above
If you have a passion for working with smart business partners across sales, marketing and customer success teams to help them get increase visibility into their spend, business trends, risks and opportunities to help them grow our business then this position is for you!
At Abnormal Security certain roles are eligible for a bonus, restricted stock units (RSUs), and benefits. Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons. We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. Learn more about our Compensation and Equity Philosophy on our Benefits & Perks page.