Back End Engineer I
About the Role
Abnormal Security is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Inbound Email Products (IEP) team. The IEP team builds & operates core components of Abnormal’s flagship Email Security product, such as Email Remediation, Threat Log. The ideal candidate will have knowledge about backend systems & distributed computing. We are looking for a junior member to join our team, who’ll work alongside experienced engineers to build and improve our customer facing products.
What you will do
- Work on production systems to stabilize and improve existing features
- Collaborate with engineers and Product Managers to define, build, test, launch, and support new product features
- Own the execution of well-defined features end-to-end through the software development lifecycle
- Collaborate with Customer Support and Sales Engineering organization on production issues and sales solutions
- 1+ year(s) of software development experience
- Intermediate+ Python and/or Go skills
- Self driven with strong asynchronous communication skills, you don’t require micromanagement to be successful and know when to raise your hand when you need help
- Open to following pre-established guidelines, coding practices and conventions
- You’re growth driven & looking to increase impact & responsibility over time
- BS degree in Computer Science, Applied Sciences, Information Systems or other related engineering field
Nice to Have
- Experience with React, Typescript, Django
- Familiarity with AWS services and deployment practices.
- Knowledge of containerization using Docker or similar technologies.