Back End Software Engineer II
About the Role
Abnormal Security is looking for a Backend Engineer to join the Multi-Product Platform (MPP) team. The MPP team owns the product platform which enables scalable product development to support the business to create and launch various enterprise-level products for the customers with consistent experience. The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- Growth-oriented, looking to increase impact, responsibility, and ownership over time
- Detail driven and care about code quality, testing, and performance
- Looking to grow as an engineer as part of a strong team, learning from established engineers, product managers, and designers
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to work autonomously and asynchronously with remote collaborators and stakeholders
- Comfortable with test driven development, working as part of a large organization divided by standardized interfaces.
Must Have Skills
- 4+ years of industry experience and 2+ Yrs experience as a Python Backend engineer with expertise developing production grade services from scratch.
- Familiarity with AWS services and deployment practices.
- Knowledge of containerization using Docker or similar technologies.
- Understanding of database systems and proficiency in SQL.
Nice to Have Skills
Experience with Golang, Kafka
What You’ll Do
Design and Development:
- Develop robust and scalable backend integrations with external applications
- You will be relied upon to own the delivery of complex features for a Standing Team -- to design, decompose, execute, and launch. You will play the role of a highly capable feature lead, able to take a clearly defined business problem, and design a technical approach to implement.
Testing and Debugging:
- Conduct thorough testing of applications, including unit testing and integration testing.
- Use debugging tools and techniques to diagnose and fix issues in a timely manner.
Support and On-call:
- Provide technical support to troubleshoot and resolve issues reported by users or identified through monitoring systems and participate in on-call rotations.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Communicate effectively in Async manner with team members to provide updates, discuss challenges and propose solutions.
- You will be participating in code reviews to maintain code quality and in system design discussions.
Continuous Learning and Improvement:
- Actively contribute to knowledge sharing within the team and participate in professional development activities.