Mid-Market Sales Manager
Abnormal Security is seeking a highly motivated sales leader to join our Sales organisation as a Sales Manager for the Mid-Market Sales Team. This sales leader will be responsible for all elements of team development – recruitment, hiring, enablement, and management of a sales team, as well as driving revenue growth and exceeding sales targets within the region.
Who you are
You will need to be passionate about the extraordinary value Abnormal is providing to our customers and conduct themselves with exceptional professionalism, honesty, and integrity.
What you’ll do
- Recruit and hire a world-class team of sellers on time and budget.
- Clearly articulate, manage and enable sellers to hit all key productivity metrics and milestones of growth.
- Instil a disciplined approach to pipeline generation, leveraging all available resources, including field sales, marketing, channel partners, and sales development, to accelerate new business.
- Develop an overall account strategy for the region, resulting in solid execution and collaborative team selling.
- Partner closely with Sales Engineering to deliver outstanding product demonstrations and a repeatable technology validation / proof-of-concept program.
- Build a strong partnership with existing customers that focuses on value realisation and customer retention delivered through high renewal rates, rapid upsell expansion, and customer referrals.
- Effectively forecast monthly/quarterly revenue to executive leadership through disciplined deal inspection and forecast methodology.
- Develop strategic relationships with existing channel partners and the development of new channel partners.
- Facilitate Quarterly Business Reviews to measure sales productivity, plan execution, and progress against strategic objectives.
- Identify, cultivate, and close new business at executive levels (CISO/CIO/CTO) in accounts within the designated territory.
Experience you’ll need
- Minimum 6+ years of sales experience with a demonstrated track record of success. Exceeding sales quotas by selling security, networking and/or software solutions.
- Minimum of 3+ years leading a sales team focused on growing new business and new logos.
- Strong hunter mentality: direct experience managing teams responsible for creating new demand, new customer acquisition, and sourcing new pipeline.
- A winner, someone who holds themselves accountable to consistent over-achievement.
- Successful experience closing complex sales with multiple buying influences in new or emerging solution categories.
- Experience closing deals of all sizes, from smaller transactional deals to deals of £50K - £100K.
- Experience establishing and fostering strong relationships with potential partners and customers at executive levels.
- Strong presentation and communications skills, competent translating technical features into business value.
- Familiarity and experience using consultative, value-based sales methodologies (Force Management, Challenger Sale, etc.) is a plus.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Comfortable working in a highly fast-paced environment.
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience selling Cybersecurity solutions.
- Experience leading a team in a startup environment.
- Experience leading a team in a remote environment.