Enterprise Account Executive - SLED - WA/OR/UT
About the Role:
In this role, you will sell Abnormal Security solutions to your defined Enterprise level territory with the goal to overachieve new annual recurring revenue quota. You’ll work State/Local Government & K-12 Education (SLED) accounts (>3.5k mailbox organizations) from initial conversations through signing a contract and up-selling once they’re a customer. You will be a voice for the customer/prospect with internal teams including Sales Engineering/POV team, Product and Marketing to ensure appropriate prioritization to close more revenue.
What you will do:
- Build pipeline by balancing five sources of lead generation:
- AE Sourced: Prospect into SLED accounts (>3.5k mailbox organizations) within their territory using cold-calling, targeted emails and introductions through existing relationships.
- Marketing: Follow-up in a timely fashion on marketing-driven leads including going to events and following up with prospects, responding to inbound leads, and working BDR-sourced leads/accounts.
- BDR: work with BDR on targeted lists and roles / responsibilities
- Channel: work with channel partners to uncover new opportunities
- Customer: work with customers to gain referrals and find add-on business
- Conduct discovery calls/meetings to uncover prospect pain points and needs. Assess whether there is budget, need and appropriate timing for Abnormal’s product offerings.
- Work alongside sales engineering, product and founders to demonstrate and communicate Abnormal’s value proposition to prospects. AEs will be communicating value throughout an organization to multiple personas including CISOs, Director of Security Operations, IT Analysts, Security Analysts, CIOs (in some cases) amongst others.
- Work deals until there is a mutual action agreement going into a proof-of-value (POV) with prospects so that their assessment of the product coincides with the business needs.
- Work with Sales Engineering to ensure that communication of POV effectively demonstrates value against what the prospect is looking for (i.e. Mutual Action Agreement).
- Work with prospects to negotiate with legal and procurement on deal terms and pricing. Use internal resources (legal, finance, business operations) to keep deals moving and get them to close.
- Working alongside Customer Success to uncover opportunity with customers for up-selling and/or cross-selling of additional products in the future.
- Document progress on deals (i.e. stages, notes) within SFDC to keep pipeline up-to-date for accurate forecasting.
- Communicate asks from prospects/customers to Product and Engineering teams for more customer-centric prioritization of our product roadmap.
- Accurately forecast expected revenue between +10% / -5%
- SLED Account Hunter: Demonstrated 5+ years of direct (vs. overlay) SLED experience prospecting, closing new logos and growing major accounts against incumbents.
- Skill in negotiating with State/Local Government and K-12 organizations and closing complex sales.
- Proven performer with consistent over quota performance and/or top 5% of sales org
- Technically competent: Conversant in key areas: security, email, cloud, AI, etc.
- Cyber-security Software sales: Experience selling subscription software/SaaS to CISOs and security personnel
- Start-up experience: Success at a company that was early stage, underdog or was a new entrant with large competitors or similar (limited resources-build territory including: channel, tech partners, initial customer wins, etc.)
- Ability to hunt: disciplined approach to early pipeline development. Comfortable and have demonstrated ability to prospect into State/Local & K-12 accounts with the ability to leverage/ balance five pillars of demand generation: AE prospecting, SDR, Marketing, Channel and Customer referrals.
- Good qualifier: Ability to uncover / discover customer problems pains
- Good presenter: ability to present and demonstrate value based off customer pain points.
- Disciplined in sales methodology / time management: Ability to systematically execute a disciplined sales process that can be repeated in parallel without sacrificing quality
- Ability to develop and present a business case to a customer showing high ROI across different dimensions to multiple stakeholders
- Ability to extract, document and organize lessons, knowledge and information about customers
- Ability to guide internal stakeholders through their own internal buying processes
- Grit: ability to find success in an early-stage environment without all the resources/teams available to much larger organizations
- Good understanding of how to leverage other departments including Sales Engineering, Marketing, BDRs, Product and Customer Success.
Nice to Have:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience