Back End Software Engineer II
About the Role
Abnormal Security is looking for a Backend Engineer to join the Multi-Product Platform (MPP) team. The MPP team builds the infrastructure, services, and features like the Marketplace and Deployment Dashboard to form the platform that enables the creation and launch of new products. This role will start by owning customer integrations and supporting platform development and will move into ownership of specific features, services, and infrastructure systems. The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- You are a product minded engineer who’s passionate about building the best product for our customers
- You take a “principle-first” approach to building scalable, customer-centric solutions
- You’re looking for a “mission-first” company aiming to solve meaningful and pragmatic problems
- You’re looking to take ownership of your work and your growth
- You’re self-driven, detail-oriented, and care about code quality, testing, and customer-driven product experience
- You bring up ambiguities and clarify decisions with leadership instead of improvising solutions on the go
- You have strong communication skills and proven ability to work autonomously and asynchronously with remote collaborators and stakeholders
What you will do:
- Work with engineers, designers, PMs, EMs to deliver on the product roadmap and meet company-wide objectives.
- Design, build, and maintain new high performance, low latency products and services
- Work closely with engineering and product managers to assess trade-offs, develop plans, and build platform and foundations to enable scalable product development
- Optimize our internal processes with automation such that we can service customers with little to no human intervention.
- Setup and maintain instrumentation, monitoring, and alerting for our services.
Must Have Skills:
- 3+ years working on relevant tech stacks - Python (Django) and Go, MySQL & PostgreSQL databases, ElasticSearch, Redis, and Kafka
- 1+ years of production support experience for enterprise-class customers
- At least 1+ years of system design experience