Email Security Analyst
About the Role
As an Email Security Analyst on the team, you are responsible for being this front line of defense. You are highly motivated to understand what attackers are doing and to stop them in their tracks.
- You’re motivated to stop email attackers and understand cybersecurity attack modes
- You like to dive into the nitty gritty of complex systems, understand them, and analyze their behavior
- You are a clear communicator. You can write reports understandable by those within and outside the company to effectively explain highly technical issues.
Trusted member of the team. When tasks are assigned, high trust that the tasks are understood, and will be completed on time, and to spec. Can largely handle FR tasks with minimal oversight. High potential. Strong fundamentals. High energy/enthusiasm, low ego. Coaching, mentorship, and direction required to be successful - that’s ok! Skills development, autonomy & responsibility rapidly developing. Demonstrable trajectory. Scope and scale: Within a smaller project
What will you do
- Become the go to person for high priority customer misclassification escalations.
- Communicate and become a team liaison to internal teams in communicating and responding to customers
- Become an expert in rule and heuristic-based email attack analysis and containment
- Document how our messages system works for handling customer escalations and general attack containment.
- Trusted member of the team. When tasks are assigned, high trust that the tasks are understood, and will be completed on time, and to spec.
- Can largely handle FR tasks with minimal oversight
- Train others to resolve high priority customer misclassification escalations
Must Have Skills
- 2+ years working in the cybersecurity, email, or anti-abuse spam field
- Ability to perform data analysis, using SQL, and analyzing datasets
- 6+ months working in a technical customer support environment.
- Experience in technical writing or communications of complex issues