Manager, Technical Support
About The Role
As a Manager of our growing Level 1 team in India, you will lead a team of TSEs responsible for the front-line triage and resolution of customer-case submitted questions and technical issues with a level of quality and urgency that ensure an SLA-beating, best-in-class customer experience.
You come with 10+ yrs. of experience building and growing Support organizations in fast-paced, enterprise SaaS environments through both external hiring of top talent and internal talent/skill development through coaching. The team is growing and we will need a strong entrepreneurial/start-up mentality and operation style. You need to balance consistency and process with adaptability and flexibility to the needs of the business and customer.
You will help scale the customer support organization by driving continuous improvement and championing positive change to improve service levels, increase customer satisfaction, reduce resolution times, lower overall operating costs, and increase revenue growth. You will manage both internal teams and third-party partners to deliver on Abnormal Security standards exceeding customer service objectives and metrics for managing the customer success and support department.
To be successful, you will draw upon your considerable past achievements in owning and refining Support and Success playbooks and processes for scale, including the escalation process to Level 2 and Engineering, measuring SLAs, and continuous improvements and team utilization. It is through your dedication to continuous improvement of how TSEs operate - both in efficiency and effectiveness - that will help us meet and surpass customer cases, satisfaction, and growth targets.
Must Have Skills
- Minimum of 10 years experience leading support/service teams and managing and improving the customer experience with 5 years in Enterprise support.
- Driving continuous improvement and championing positive change to improve service levels, increase customer satisfaction, reduce resolution times, lower overall operating costs, and increase revenue growth.
- Managing both internal teams and third-party partners to deliver on Abnormal Security standards.
- Exceeding customer service objectives and metrics for managing the customer success and support department.
- Measuring the effectiveness of the customer service function by refining operational metrics for the team, developing reporting analytics, and providing status updates across all functions
- Maintaining an in-depth working knowledge of Abnormal Security systems, processes, and products.
- Serving as an escalation point for customers and critical customer issues; serving as a liaison to other internal departments and stakeholders.
- Create and track support requests in the case management system Salesforce.
- Prioritize tasks and accurately document the nature of the reported problem
- Driving regular case status and next steps for the customer according to defined support package and associated SLA’s
- Schedule customer calls as necessary to address case issues and concerns and ensure all commitments are met
- Achieve goals including KPI’s established by the Director, of Customer Success
- Working with the team to ensure we provide an outstanding customer experience while being the customer's advocate through the lifecycle of their support case.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally with all levels of the organization both internally and externally
- Author, contribute, and drive Knowledge Base Articles and User Guides.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills along with an ability to work cross-functionally with a broad range of internal and external clients
- You are flexible and able to juggle and complete multiple priorities and projects (internally and externally) in a fast-paced startup environment
- Proven record of driving measurable customer outcomes and business value/ROI readouts with large, complex customers
What You'll do:
Reporting to the Director, of Customer Success, based in India that executes with consistency and excellence in the following areas:
- Work with the team to provide first-line support response to customers in accordance with quarterly timeliness and quality targets as defined by you as a manager including:
- Support CSAT Rating
- 1st Response Time
- ≥90% SLA Attainment
- <1 hr. Sev1
- <2 hrs. Sev2
- <8 hrs. Sev3
- Resolution Time
- ≥90% SLO Attainment
- <8 hrs. Sev1
- <24hrs. Sev2
- <7days. Sev3
- Case Deflection
- <25% ENG escalation
- Understand, troubleshoot, analyze and resolve product issues reported by the customer with a level of urgency, communication clarity, and transparency that turns escalations into positive experiences
- Support both the Pre and Post sales organizations (Sales, Deployments Team, CSMs) with break-fix-related activities that require product expertise and knowledge
- Prioritize and accurately document the nature of the reported problem in case management systems (e.g., SFDC) to ensure efficient troubleshooting and tracking
- Provide case status and next steps to the customer through customer-verified closure according to our defined support offering and associated SLA’s
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and on-call to support the needs of the business, as needed.
Product Knowledge & Advisory:
- Maintain a deep understanding of our product and roadmap, so Level 1 TSE’s can guide customers on product issues and reduce the number of escalations to Level 2 TSEs
- Educate customers on the most relevant features and functionality related to their specific requirements.
- Maintain professionalism/confidentiality in escalated situations with customers.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Strong experience with Email Security, Security, Cloud Security technologies and products
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Strong ability to collaborate, coordinate and escalate issues within a team of product support professionals
- Soft skills oriented toward driving customer success
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with case management systems and CRMs
- Understand their customer’s industry trends, business challenges with email security, and current and potential use cases for Abnormal.
- With an understanding of customer needs, establish a strategic, trusted advisor relationship at the highest relevant levels by guiding the customer on best practice usage of the platform to manage risk and meet/exceed their objectives.
- Develop and nurture Abnormal Security champions within their customer’s organization who advocate for the platform based on their positive experience.
- Partner with the Abnormal Security Engineering and Product leads along with CS Technical Leads to help drive down escalations and escalate trends and serious issues and help reduce the overall number of issues.
Triage and Risk Mitigation:
- Monitor customer user trends to proactively identify risks and risk mitigation actions.
- Coordinate internal actions through a “Path to Green” action plan and schedule customer calls as necessary to address issues and concerns and ensure all commitments are met.
You will directly engage with customers where required to provide management support on behalf of the Support team, you may retain as a manager to keep sharp on TSE duties.