Strategic Alliances Manager
About The Role
Email and endpoints remain the top attack entry points for organizations globally. Socially-engineered business email compromise attacks have accounted for over $2.7 billion in actual losses last year alone, and this number continues to grow. This is why Abnormal Security has announced a strategic partnership with industry leading endpoint security solution, Crowdstrike, in an effort to provide customers with better protection while reducing security spend and increasing operational productivity.
As the ideal candidate for this role, you have a strong sales DNA, and a track record of 10+ years of success leveraging alliance partners to drive growth and sales productivity. You have extremely strong relationships with the alliance partners that you will be managing, which you have developed over the years by working for and with these partners. The role will require very high weekly levels of activity and engagement, driving collaboration alliance partners, and developing executive champions.
This role will require someone that loves working in a fast paced environment with a growth mindset. We’re looking for someone that knows how to build strategic relationships as well as know how to maintain them. They will leverage their experience in being an expert alliance manager to oversee the Crowdstrike alliance. They thrive in working collaboratively, communicate clearly, and coordinate activities both internally and with the partner to ensure alliance success.
In this job, you will bring these skills
- 10+ years of alliance management, channel sales and/or business development experience
- 5+ years experience of growing partnerships through field level joint sales and marketing engagements
- 5+ years of building and growing a Crowdstrike practice/partnership
- Ownership: Ability to self-organize, pull in resources with clear expectations and drive joint engagement on opptys
- Project Management & Organization: Ability to operationalize, prioritize, and keep on top of 100s of joint engagements.
- Influence without authority: Ability to influence CRWD sellers to support Abnormal opptys, and share net new opptys
- Personally managed Crowdstrike at the National Level at a Cyber Security vendor
- Strong follow through with channel partners to turn the trainings and demand gen sessions into pipeline
- Organizational skill is key to good channel management: being quick to respond to inquiries in a timely manner as well as not letting tasks fall through the cracks.
- Grit: ability to find success in an early-stage environment without all the resources/teams available to much larger organizations
- Good understanding of how to leverage other departments including Sales Engineering, Marketing, BDRs, Product and Customer Success
- In addition to excelling at the core responsibilities and deliverables, you are considered by Sales and SE leadership as a key “go-to” person for all matters related to the named National Partners
- Good at conflict resolution between alliance partners, reps, and customers when needed
- Facilitate and manage co-selling opportunities, account mapping and other sales engagements between Crowdstrike and Abnormal sales teams
- Grow engagement with Abnormal through account mapping
- Track all opportunities, pipeline and bookings to provide forecasts and funnel management reports
- Assist with providing content for Crowdstrike sales enablement and Abnormal training curriculum
- Develop the annual and quarterly plan & performance goals and provide support and coordination for activity with Crowdstrike
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales and post sales issues for any activity with the partner
- Identify potential alignment points with local/national channel partners
- Help provide insight in the support of email security events and attend/participate in the events
At Abnormal Security certain roles are eligible for a bonus, restricted stock units (RSUs), and benefits. Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons. We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. Learn more about our Compensation and Equity Philosophy on our benefits and perks page.
Something looks off?