Sr Software Engineer - Data Platform
About the Role
Enterprises of all sizes trust Abnormal Security’s cloud products to stop cybercrime. These products are data intensive SaaS applications that depend on reliable, scalable, and secure access to data. This is where our Data Platform team fits in, enabling efficient, reliable and scalable data processing across both realtime and offline processing systems. Come empower the rest of engineering to stop cybercrime as we expand our offerings across both clouds and regions.
The Data Platform team is looking to add a Senior Software Engineer. The individual in this role will have the opportunity to partner closely with our existing world class team of engineers as we define and build the next generation data platform.
There are a lot of opportunities for growth and career advancement – it’s up to you to own your career here. Some potential career paths for this role include:
- Growing into a Staff technical leadership role.
- Positioning yourself to be a Founder or early-stage executive
What you will do
- Define and deliver our data platform offerings across AWS, Azure to empower and delight our internal engineering customers
- Optimize the performance of existing offline (Spark) and online (DBs, ElasticSearch, Kafka etc) usage to increase efficiency
- Scale and optimize our overall data center capacity by developing cutting edge Analytics software solutions which improve efficiency and bring automation to our data centers
- 3+ years of experience working on backend distributed systems
- Strong background in systems programming and fundamentals (e.g working with Unix tooling, understanding system performance in terms of network, CPU, memory etc.)
- Expert in at least 1 key area of the Data Platform tech stack - relational DBs, RocksDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, Kafka, Spark
- Excellent ability and strong desire to onboard and mentor other engineers
At Abnormal Security certain roles are eligible for a bonus, restricted stock units (RSUs), and benefits. Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons. We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. Learn more about our Compensation and Equity Philosophy on our benefits and perks page.