Software Engineer - Backend API
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India · Sterling, VA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2023
About The Role
- You have fairly strong communication skills, you can work autonomously and asynchronously in a well defined domain, executing tasks which have a low amount of ambiguity.
- You are looking to grow as an engineer as part of a strong team, coming in with an open mind.
- You care about the product you’re building and take ownership of your part, follow best practices and keep a clean development environment, also escalating concerns when necessary.
This position is not
- A management position - although, we believe everyone leads by example. We do not see a direct path to a manager role within 1 year.
- A stepping stone into a Machine Learning engineer role
- A contract position (full-time applicants only)
- Partner with our Data Integration Platform team
- Understand the framework and capabilities of the Data Integration Platform and how it will support integrating additional partner applications into the ATO product.
- Build integrations with external applications
- Read through and understand external party API specs.
- Build tools to call those APIs and extract data at high volumes and low latency.
- Working with internal as well as external APIs
- 3+ years of overall software engineering experience
- Strong sense of best practices in developing software
- Python Application Development (2+ years)
- REST APIs / JSON
- Thrift or Protobuf or similar
- Exposure to AWS environment
Experienced engineers comfortable working in backend development
Solid communication skills - can comfortably interact with PMs & stakeholders
See more open positions at Abnormal Security
Something looks off?