Sr. Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Cloud Infrastructure team you help the team deliver a differentiated developer experience that both delights engineers at Abnormal and ensures that the reliability of the platform is protected.
Working with your teammates you take responsibility for complete systems and processes ensuring that the team is solving the right problems at the right time with high quality. This includes both delivering work as an individual contributor (IC) and coordinating within the team to deliver on team-wide projects with company-wide impact.
You are a subject matter expert in at least one of the services that the team owns and share your knowledge through presentations, documentation, and mentoring of other team members.
You are able to break large projects down into smaller, deliverable pieces, provide realistic estimates for delivery, and ensure that projects are completed on time.
- An experienced, impactful team member & leader.
- Leader of projects across the whole team.
- Proposes & influences team goals & roadmap.
- Delivers against team-wide OKRs (vs project-level OKRs)
- Instant adrenaline and impact when placed on projects and teams.
- Go-to member of the team for knowledge, answering questions & mentorship.
- Scope and scale: Within a team
In this job, you will bring these skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years experience as an individual contributor in software engineering roles
- 3+ years experience in public cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- 3+ years experience with git-based source control solutions such as GitHub, GitLab, Jenkins, etc.
- 3+ years experience providing CI/CD pipelines for an organization using tools such as GitHub Actions, GitLab, Jenkins, etc.
- 3+ years of programming experience, preferably in Python or Golang
- 1+ years of experience with build tooling such as bazel, pants, maven, etc.
- Own one (or more) team metrics driving significant improvements against them over time
- Identify projects and work that contribute to team efficiency and happiness
- Support the effort to drive Abnormal’s Continuous Deployment (CD) solution forward
- Support efforts to upgrade common libraries and other dependencies
- Approach Cloud Infrastructure with both the Security and Reliability lenses (e.g., incorporate tooling to identify vulnerabilities, notify impacted teams, and encourage fixes; Build pipelines that are fault tolerant)
- Act as a subject matter expert for one (or more) services the team owns
- Work with the engineering manager (EM) and tech lead (TL) to shape the team’s roadmap and ensure the team delivers on its commitments
- Actively mentor and train other members of the team
- Manage your time and commitments
- Communicate clearly, both synchronously and asynchronously
- Actively seek and incorporate feedback
- Participates in team roadmap discussions & proposing long term plans
- Writes code with testability, readability, edge cases, and errors in mind.
- Writes and reviews technical design documents.
- Be part of team’s on call process
Something looks off?