About the Company:
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels at visual recognition. We do not sell an abstract, futuristic technology - we sell a solution that people can use today to solve real-world problems. We believe that the same AI technology that gives big tech companies a competitive edge should be available to developers and businesses. That’s why we build products to make it easy, quick, and inexpensive for them to innovate with AI, go to market faster, and build better customer experiences. We make “teaching” AI just as accessible as we make using AI, which is why our technology is the most personalized, unbiased, accurate solution in the market.
We have secured a $30M Series B round of funding and are backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, and Corazon Capital. To continue to succeed, we need people like you to join the team!
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
As Clarifai’s VP of Research, you will directly impact the future direction of the companies innovation in the machine learning field. This will be a close collaboration with the CEO to ensure our research efforts drive the company towards AI leadership.
You will continue to build cutting edge research for Clarifai. It is the place where you'll maximize your impact on delivering that to the world. You will be growing an entire team of researchers around you to scale up the company's innovation.
Skills and Experience You Bring:
- You have at 5-10 years experience in Research or similar role or field
- You have a PhD in Computer Science focused on Machine Learning
- Growing and managing teams, preferably in a startup or scaling environment
- Created new ideas that have impacted products
- Multi-tasker capable of handling multiple research project in parallel
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Scrappy in incorporating research from community into solutions to real world problems
- Efficiency implementor of production quality code
- The ability to learn and ramp up quickly, this job requires incredibly fast learning of new ideas
- Iterative, know when to stop pushing the performance of a system in order to optimize for return on investment for our customers
- Demonstrated capacity to publish peer reviewed research and to hire researchers who do the same
- Lead the innovation for Clarifai's research.
- Help recruit world-class research talent.
- Develop research collaboration program with global universities to attract and foster talent.
- Grow individual researchers in their careers.
- Keep up to date with the developments within the research community and decide when significant advances in the community warrant incorporation into Clarifai's overall product offering.
- Represent Clarifai at machine learning research conferences to recruit talent.
- Manage the broader San Francisco office beyond just the research team to ensure the culture and experience at Clarifai carries over from the NYC HQ to the SF office.
- Facility cross team collaboration with product and engineering teams to rapidly deliver the latest research advances to customers.
- Occasionally visit customers in the SF Bay Area as needed to support Clarifai's commercial activities.
- Help Clarifai's CEO and executive team set company strategy that continues to position Clarifai as an AI leader.