IfOnly, a marketplace for experiences backed by Mastercard, American Express, Condé Nast, and top VCs such as NEA and Khosla Ventures, is seeking for a motivated and talented Junior Accountant to join our fantastic Accounting team! This role provides great experience in accounting, a professional and supportive environment and is a great opportunity for growth. We are looking for an accounting professional who has strong technical accounting skills, ability and willingness to learn quickly, passion for accounting operations, aspires to be a CPA and is ready to take on new challenges as the Company continues to grow. You will need to demonstrate the ability to work proactively and independently in a fast-paced office environment. In exchange, you will receive competitive salary, health benefits, paid vacation, stock options, employee discounts, and other perks.
So… Are you ready for a new, exciting, opportunity to take your career to the next level at a rapidly growing Start-up selling incredible experiences?
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
● Maintain general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable; journal entries for amortizations of prepayment accounts; analyzing and reconciling accounts payable and general accruals and reconciling fixed asset registers.
● Prepare bank accounts and credit card reconciliation monthly.
● Maintain and process banking and credit card transactions daily.
● Accurate processing of vendor invoices, vendor credits and customers remittances.
● Maintain customer and vendor information, accounting files and financial records.
● Help with implementations, maintenance and adherence to internal controls.
● Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes.
● Assist in the preparation of year-end GAAP financial statements and schedules.
● Prepare supporting schedules for annual audit.
● Assist with tax preparation.
● Assist on projects and ad hoc assignments as needed
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and/or CPA (or working towards CPA) a plus.
● 1-3 years of related experience with a combination of Big 4 Public Accounting and industry (ecommerce and/or retail) experience OR
● a 4-year accounting and/or finance degree with a 3.7 GPA or above.
● Basic exposure to QuickBooks online, Bill.com and Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word).
● Basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (GAAP). Key Competencies and Characteristics:
● Quick learner with proven track record of academic and professional success.
● Passionate about accounting operations and willingness to roll up your sleeves
● Strong quantitative and analysis capabilities
● Strong business ethics
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Proactive, self-starter and problem solver
● Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively and independently
● Detail oriented and able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
Please submit your résumé and cover letter