IfOnly, a marketplace for experiences backed by Mastercard, American Express, Condé Nast, and top VCs such as NEA and Khosla Ventures, is seeking a hands-on, motivated and ambitious Senior Accountant to join our fantastic Accounting team! You will be primarily responsible for the general ledger, month-end close and ensure financial reporting is in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. As we continue to grow, you will have the many opportunities to lead improvements such as increasing automation, implementing new processes, drafting new policies and assisting in consolidating global financial statements. You must have the ability to operate effectively in a rapidly growing and dynamic environment. In exchange, you will receive competitive salary, health benefits, paid vacation, stock options, employee discounts, and other perks.
So… Are you ready for a new, exciting, opportunity to take your career to the next level at a rapidly growing Start-up selling incredible experiences?
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
● Assist in the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close procedures, including preparation of monthly journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations and preparation of finance reporting packages.
● Prepare monthly revenue recognition including revenue related reconciliations.
● Prepare transactional level reconciliation between internal database and 3rd party credit card processors.
● Partner with the Sales team to create invoices and tracking the receivables.
● Manage monthly/quarterly sales tax returns.
● Assist with monthly payments to luminaries and charities
● Help with implementations, maintenance and adherence to internal controls.
● Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes.
● Assist in the preparation of year-end GAAP financial statements and schedules.
● Prepare supporting schedules for annual audit.
● Assist with tax preparation.
● Maintain vendor information and 1099 process.
● Assist on projects and ad hoc assignments as needed
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and/or CPA (or working towards CPA) a plus.
● 4+ years of related experience with a combination of Big 4 Public Accounting and industry (ecommerce and/or retail) experience.
● Experience with payment processors such as Braintree or Cybersource.
● Proficient in NetSuite, QuickBooks online, Bill.com and Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word).
● In-depth working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (GAAP). Key Competencies and Characteristics:
● Passionate about accounting operations and willingness to roll up your sleeves ● Strong quantitative and analysis capabilities
● Strong business ethics
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Proactive, self-starter and problem solver
● Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively and independently
● Detail oriented and able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
Please submit your résumé and cover letter.