Carbonite is seeking an energetic and self-motivated Senior HR Business Partner who will support functional leaders in the sales and marketing organization to cultivate a culture that supports Carbonite’s mission, vision and core values.
In this role, you will contribute both strategically and hands-on in the delivery of initiatives to meet company goals. You’ll be an advisor and partner with your internal clients (such as managers, directors and leadership) for employee relations, organizational design and development, performance management, employee development and succession planning. As a strategic partner, you will align business objectives with employees and management within the functions you support. Additionally, you’ll be the trusted resource and go-to partner for the managers and leaders that you support.
Our ideal candidate should be proactive and have the ability to anticipate the functional needs and propose solutions for their clients. You’ll join a top-notch global HR team (learning & development, HRIS, operations, compensation and benefits) who support over 1,000 talented employees in various functions. You should welcome challenges and the ability to make a positive impact within a fast-growing company.
Specific Objectives & Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Internalize Carbonite’s mission and vision, culture and core values. Learn why Carbonite has been named one of the Best Places to Work. This is key to future success.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the assigned functions you will support. Navigate their needs and future direction to align HR initiatives to the overall functional strategy.
- Establish trusted relationships with internal clients within the sales and marketing function.
- Partner with functional leaders to assess team effectiveness and related organizational structure.
- Collaborate with HR centers of excellence (learning & development, benefits, comp, HRIS) to more effectively support business.
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
All of the above, including;
- Provide support for employee relations to proactively mitigate risks while promoting the goal of improving the workplace and culture.
- Support and coach managers in successfully delivering feedback and employee development programs for performance improvement.
- Foster a positive organizational climate through support of open and effective communications among managers and staff.
- Develop, design and implement strategic HR initiatives; goals & objectives, performance management and employee retention.
- Analyze employment trends and metrics and make recommendations for improvement.
Key Challenges to Overcome:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to support multiple internal clients within a very fast-paced and high-growth company. To be successful, you’ll need to utilize your business acumen with departments you support to truly partner in providing insight to impactful business decisions. You will be a steward for Carbonite culture, you will be an employee champion, you will be a change agent – you will be a Carbonista.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility.
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them to completion.
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments.
- Being confident and able to influence others on important topics.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Organizational Development or related fields.
- 8+ years of progressive experience as an HR professional, with the core experience supporting a business unit(s) with HR business partner duties.
- Proven knowledge and experience with human resources best practices and employment law.
- You have a proven track record of establishing relationships across all levels of staff, from mid-management through C-level.
- You have the ability to think creatively and strategically, but also capable of consistently and successfully delivering on tactical responsibilities.
- You should have exceptional communication, problem-solving and assessment skills.
- You have (and enjoy!) navigating the ‘grey’ areas of HR.
- Experience working in the Technology industry or with high-growth companies preferred.