You will join a team of software developers and testers to produce industry leading backup solutions. You will get a chance to work on multiple areas of the product and gain experience in Windows Client, Web UI, and backend API testing.
Carbonite software testers have a strong focus on automation and continuous integration and continuous deployment. Our goal is to reduce the time it takes to take an idea for a feature our customers will like and turn it into high quality software our customers can use.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Work with senior testers to create test plans, test cases, and test strategies for Carbonite products
- Learn to use industry standard tools to create automation to test Client, Web, and API use cases
- Write bug reports and work with an amazing development team to fix any problems in the software
- Reproduce problems reported in the field and analyze them for the root defects causing them
- Learn to use and master our automation solutions, and be a part of choosing new solutions for new problems
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
- Be a relentless advocate for quality in the Carbonite platform
- Participate in scrum teams and deliver high quality software
- Improve the QA automation of every product you work on
Key Challenges to Overcome:
Our backup solution has many moving parts, and learning all of them is a challenge. You will be exposed to multiple programming languages and technology stacks.
Reproducing issues reported by our customers through support can require some creativity and a broad knowledge of many technologies. This can be challenging but is also quite rewarding.
Working on a global team requires excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as cultural flexibility and understanding.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- Curiosity and a desire to learn and excel
- Participation in technical book groups and other communities at Carbonite
- Strong focus on customer service and quality
- Internal motivation and a strong drive to learn new technology and stay up with industry trends
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Ruby, Python, C# or similar languages
- CS, IS, IT degree or equivalent experience (A degree in progress is fine, we offer tuition reiumbursement)
- Familiarity with source code management tools
- Experience with Windows, OSX and Linux a plus