- Respond to incoming customer support requests via phone, chat or email.
- Provide technical and non-technical product support to EVault customers.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Manage an open case load while being responsive to new customer inquiries.
- Mitigate any customer confusion and frustration through effective communications.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Three week in office training provided.
- Received inbound requests through phone, email and chat channels, and other sources.
- Supports, logs, categorizes, prioritizes, and tracks incidents reported by customers.
- Implement basic, documented, processes to assist in resolution of tickets.
- Escalate cases to senior resources and follow documented escalation procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
- Assist in documenting new and known issues with senior resources.
- Collaborate with senior resources to improve processes.
- Become a subject matter expert on a process or specific product.
Key Challenges to Overcome:
In order to succeed the candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to learn new processes and products as they are presented. This person would also be a self-starter. Create new knowledge base articles and assisting in updating the team is vital. The daily activities can include and change with new projects, products and the needs of the customer. A successful agent will be able to manage the various daily duties with a smile. While statistics for performance are monitored for consistency, there are many factors that go into measuring the performance of each agent.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them to completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
- Exhibiting these essential competencies; Customer Focus, Results Driven, Continuous Improvement Mindset, Problem Solving and Communication.
Skills & Experience:
- Prefer at least one year of experience in a Technical Support role.
- Must have prior Windows or Linux Server experience.
- Prefer at least two years’ experience supporting Microsoft Windows and/or Linux Servers.
- Experience with Linux and UNIX in a professional environment a plus.
- Working knowledge of a production Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce, JIRA, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Prior experience as a System Administrator preferred
- Ability to multi-task; strong analytical, prioritization, time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; type 25 words per minute.
- Language skills: English required; Spanish, French or German a major plus
- Excellent customer interaction skills; handle and diffuse challenging situations.