Reporting to the Manager – Customer Success, the Customer Success Manager will be responsible for achieving business goals across Carbonite’s data protection solutions by selling into our install base.
Working with Carbonite’s existing customer base, this role will have full ownership of driving cross-sales of our product portfolio while meeting and exceeding monthly sales targets. You will proactively reach out to our customer base with support of cross-sell campaigns, product bundles and additional selling resources. You will take the lead and own new product and solution sales into our existing customer base while expanding Carbonite’s footprint across five unique product lines.
Specific Objectives & Responsibilities:
Your First Month:
- Shadow and train with seasoned sales team to fully comprehend our product and service offerings, sales processes and best practices.
- Develop an understanding of who our customers are, what their business needs are and how we can partner with them to drive additional revenue.
- Quickly get up to speed on Carbonite’s brand, culture, values, and work ethic.
- Understand the cloud backup and disaster recovery market, our prospects and partners, what they want, and why they would do business with us.
- Successfully complete new hire onboarding and training Boot Camp
Second Month and beyond:
- In assigned geographical territory, proactively prospect into our customer base via phone calls, emails, prospecting tools and marketing leads to engage in cross-sell opportunity discussions.
- Be able to manage and track leads, opportunities and sales pipeline in Salesforce.com and provide timely and accurate forecasts to management.
- Partner with Customer Success and Channel Sales teams to effectively manage a sales territory and strategically accomplish sales objectives via an indirect channel.
- Conduct extensive account mapping of customer environments to uncover existing and future opportunities.
- Exceed revenue goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Participate in ongoing product and sales training.
Key Challenges to Overcome:
This role requires someone who is eager to proactively reach out to customers and exhibits a ‘hunter’ mentality. To be successful in this role, you will need to be focused on revenue-driving activities and collaborating with cross-functional teams to achieve results. You will need to become an expert in the backup and data protection space to fully understand our data protection solutions and articulate our technology at a high level.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility.
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion.
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments.
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments.
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in a high-volume sales environment working within a team that consistently achieves and exceeds their goals.
- Phenomenal phone presence and interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proven track record of success in goal-driven, metrics-based environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with cross-functional leaders inside and outside the organization to define and solve problems, and to deal with complex issues in situations where “standard” solutions do not exist
- Preferred experience with Salesforce.com.