Carbonite is looking for a self-starter to join our growing team of Business Development Representatives (BDRs). This is a great opportunity to start or grow your career in tech sales! Our BDRs are responsible for generating leads for our entire Carbonite mid-market sales team. You will play a key role in our success by locating, educating, and qualifying leads and prospecting them by telephone, email, and other means. You will also have the opportunity to assist in sales events and work with the Inside Sales and Channel Managers to develop effective targeting strategies.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities
Your First Thirty Days:
- Become fully acquainted with our culture, values, and environment
- Understand the competitive market, who our prospects are, why they would do business with us, etc.
- Shadow and train with a seasoned sales team to fully comprehend the products, processes, relationships, and more
Your Second Month:
- You’ll be full trained and ready to start generating leads in current and new territories for the sales team
- Make approximately 50 calls per day and schedule 5-10 appointments per week (or more!)
- Develop and deliver a compelling mini-commercial for your leads: “our customers come to us because…”
Three Months and Beyond:
- Establish yourself as a leader on the team
- Work with Inside Sales and Channel Managers to brainstorm and develop successful sales and marketing strategies
- Continue to prospect and generate leads, collaborating with your team to build best practices for this function
- Outbound calling and emailing into targeted businesses within a defined region to prospect, educate, and qualify leads to create sales-ready opportunities
- Serve as the initial point of contact for inbound prospects
- Gather key prospect data from the initial conversation, from the web and other sources, and provide that data to the Inside Sales and Channel Managers
- Utilize Salesforce to generate and manage a pipeline of leads and opportunities
- Set initial appointments with Inside Sales and/or Channel Managers
- Reach or exceed performance metrics on dials, appointments set, and conversion to a sales qualified opportunity
- Strategize with Inside Sales and Channel Managers to target highly qualified sales prospects
- Collaborate with field marketing to drive attendance at key targeted events
- Keep abreast of industry and technologies to be a trusted resource to prospects and partners
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
What will make you successful at Carbonite
- Passionate, professional, self-motivated, accountable, and strong sense of teamwork.
- Desire and drive to advance you career in technology sales.
- Resilient and persistent. Gets it done, whatever it takes.
- Self-directed with strong sense of personal ownership or accountability.
- Thinks critically, a problem solver, mentally tough.
- Detail-oriented with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strongly developed set of personal and professional ethics.
- A good sense of humor. We believe your job should be fun!
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 0-2 years of B2B business development experience
- Excellent phone presence and interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Preferred experience working with Salesforce.com