Salary and benefits: between CAD110,000 and 120,000 a year, depending on qualifications and experience plus possibility of bonus and eligibility to standard company benefits plan
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full time
Language of work: must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Software Engineer with strong technical and communication skills, with a passion for working on Software clusters deployed in data centers and in public cloud.
First six months:
- Gain broad understanding of Carbonite products for virtualization and how they are used by customers/partners
- Understand the architecture and design for the new product under development.
- Contribute to the cloud and data center software deployment as well as configuration tools.
- Work closely with local and remote QA teams to ensure that high quality is maintained.
- Participate in sprint planning, execution, testing and releases in an Agile methodology.
Six to Twelve months:
- Contribute to the architecture and design of product deployments in data centers, AWS and Azure
- Work on scaling and performance tuning of the design
- Keep up to date with on-site and public cloud tools and technologies.
- Contribute to ongoing improvement efforts to increase team productivity, efficiency and overall quality of the products.
- Eight to ten years of programming experience in node.js, PHP, angular.js and/or C++
- 6-8 years of work experience in the field of software engineering, software development or programming
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field, MBA preferred
- Good understanding of AWS S3, EFS, Lambda, EKS and other AWS APIs/tools and Azure software
- Database design and development (ODBC libraries) experience is required. MySQL or Postgres database experience preferred.
- Knowledge of messaging queue services - rabbitMQ, Socket.io or SignalR
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and development tools such as git/jira.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop good working relationships with remote teams.