About Avi Networks
Avi Networks completes enterprises’ digital transformation with its Smart Load Balancer and modern application services. The Opens a New Window. Avi Vantage Platform Opens a New Window. is deployed across data centers and clouds, delivering better elasticity, intelligence, and cost savings by providing granular per-tenant and per-app services. Avi’s customers include 20% of Fortune 50 companies. Customers enjoy 5X faster application rollouts, actionable analytics and 70% lower cost. Avi is backed by leading investors including Greylock, Lightspeed, Menlo, and DAG Ventures.
We are looking for an individual who can create accurate, thorough, topic-based information in a fast-paced environment to support a variety of deliverables. The documentation team is creating traditional user guides, developer guides, and installation guides, in addition to new media formats like customer-facing instructional videos. You must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively on your own and as part of a team.
- Conceptualize, plan, develop and write documentation sets.
- Work in a mixed Agile and Waterfall development environment to support one or more teams globally.
- Research features in a variety of ways to gather technical data for documentation creation.
- Revise documents to incorporate updates, new features, and editorial comments.
- Ensure timely delivery of assigned tasks.
- Write scripts for use in video creation.
- Produce products that conform to company documentation and quality assurance standards.
- Implement structural changes to documentation, as required.
Required Qualifications (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, communications, computer science, or related field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in technical writing.
- Knowledge of topic-based authoring using XML tools.
- Previous experience in researching and writing user documentation.
- Fluency in written US English.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet frequent deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal stakeholders and peers.
- Ability to easily adapt to changing priorities, projects, and processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of the technical communication profession, information development process, and writing principles and standards.
Desired Qualifications (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Working knowledge of Jira or Rally is an asset.
- Experience in networking and application delivery documentation is an asset.
- Experience in video creation or video editing is an asset