As Heap's first product designer, you’ll own our core product design challenge: make data science accessible to everyone. The most powerful analytics infrastructure in the world doesn't matter if people can't access that power and understand the results.
Despite major advances in technology, most people rely on someone else to extract insight for them. At best, this creates bottlenecks and slows teams down. At worst, people ignore data altogether and make guesses.
- Design new products. You’ll guide the creation process: conceiving features, iterating on prototypes, and polishing what's been shipped. You’ll focus on intuitive interactions, but you’ll also gain broad exposure to dataviz, user research, branding, and copywriting.
- Keep humans top-of-mind. The perfect analytics tool won’t just look pretty. It’ll help humans better collaborate and tell stories with data. Analytics drives decision-making, and decision-making is fundamentally done by teams.
- Work closely with engineers. Heap sits right on the edge of technical feasibility; many of our product launches were the first of their kind. You’ll work closely with engineers to stay aware of technical constraints (and new possibilities!).
- (Bonus) Incorporate machine learning. We firmly believe that analytics tools will evolve to be more proactive and less reactive. To this end, you should be willing to learn basic statistical concepts (e.g. how supervised learning works).
- 3+ years of product design experience.
- Strong interaction and visual design sense. Great products have both.
- Bias towards shipping. You're hungry to get real usage data on your designs ASAP.
Heap has raised $40M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others.
We work in San Francisco and offer plenty of awesome benefits. We'd love to hear from you!