The legal and compliance functions at Bread affect every aspect of our financial technology business. The Compliance Analyst role will be the fourth member of a growing team. You will be responsible for working on various aspects of our compliance infrastructure and implementing solutions in a scalable way and, in doing so, you will interact with each and every area of the business.
Our ideal candidate is a detail-oriented self-starter who can dig into the details, think creatively of solutions, and push for change when needed.
What you will do:
- Ensure continued compliance with our existing procedures, which will include reviewing marketing materials to conducting internal audits within the company.
- Design and implement processes with the product, credit, finance, sales, operations, success and engineering teams to ensure that each aspect of the business continues to be compliant.
- Work with auditors and our bank partner to ensure continued compliance with banking and consumer finance laws.
- Stay up to date on legal trends in the online lending space and build an in depth knowledge of the platforms and technology we use.
- Top-notch academic credentials (graduate school degree not required).
- 1-4 years’ experience ideally at a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills; ability to communicate with business stakeholders.
- The desire and ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Demonstrable interest in the law and/or consumer protection.
Nice to haves:
- Consumer finance or other regulatory experience.
- Start-up experience.