We have an immediate opening for a Software Engineer with strong technical and communication skills, with a passion for designing and developing scalable messaging framework and user portal backends.
Specific Objectives & Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Gain broad understanding of Carbonite products API interfaces and how they are used by customers/partners.
- Understand the architecture and design for the new products under development.
- Start contributing to user interface/portal backend and frameworks.
- Work closely with local and remote QA teams to ensure that high quality is maintained.
- Participate in sprint planning, execution, testing and releases in an Agile methodology.
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
- Contribute to the architecture and design of the framework for the different product deployments.
- Work on scaling and performance tuning of the design.
- Keep up to date with on-site and public cloud tools and technologies.
- Contribute to ongoing improvement efforts to increase team productivity, efficiency and overall quality of the products.
Key Challenges to Overcome:
- You will have an opportunity on a new project that has possibility become a new product line for Carbonite. This is a highly visible project and senior management closely monitors the project.
- The challenge will be working with cross-geographic team and on a project with lot of visibility.
- You will be measured by your work, ability to work with others and ability to own specific project module. We will encourage developers to look at the solution from users perspective and contribute ideas to other areas.
- We expect everyone to have ownership of a project area. Your work will make a significant impact to the product release as well as the customers. The project is critical project for the company and is expected to make significant impact in company product strategy.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience:
Two to three years of programming experience in AngularJS, Node.js, GoLang and Python.
Experience in developing and designing message queue frameworks – socket.io, rabbitMQ
Postgres, SQLlite database design and development experience are required
Knowledge of AWS, Docker containers desired.
Experience working with Agile methodologies and development tools such as git/jira.
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop good working relationships with remote teams.