We are looking for an experienced Sales Engineer to join the Viersen, Germany team and support the DACH Sales team with presales support, technical account management, and escalation ownership.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Work with the regional Sales team to deliver presales support for the Carbonite backup, disaster recovery and high availability solutions in DACH and Eastern Europe.
- Provide technical account management and escalation ownership.
- Be responsible for understanding the commercial side of technology opportunities.
- Work with Professional Services teams to identify commercial requirements for Services within SI.
- Identify SI Partner programs to be associated with and help drive new technology advocates within the SI.
- Work closely with SI partner senior management to integrate the product technology into their solutions.
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
- Continue to provide presales support and technical account management for the DACH and Eastern Europe region
- Work to identify new SI Partner programs to associate with and help drive new technology advocates within the SI
- Continue to build relationships with SI partner senior management
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical or business field, or equivalent technology industry experience.
- 3+ years as a Solution Architect or Sales Engineer in a Software Sales Engineering environment.
- 3+ years as a Field Delivery Services in a Software Engineering environment.
- Data Protection, DR, Workload Migration and/or Datacenter transformation experience a must.MS Windows or Linux Experience required.
- Fluent in German and English (spoken and written)