The Customer Success Manager will be responsible for selling a defined set of products and services. You will provide technical advice to the inside sales teams during the sales process. You’ll also be accountable for delivering technical solutions, products, and /or services that address customer needs of varying complexity (via telephone, chat, web, or e-mail); or working with subject matter experts to address a solution of even higher complexity. We’ll look to you to advise customers of product features, configurations, pricing, services and availability.
Specific Objectives & Responsibilities:
Your First Three to Six Months:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customer base to ensure loyalty and increased renewal rates.
- Identify, manage, and close opportunities for expansion and upsells.
- Efficiently manage time to focus on essential activities that drive customer growth.
- Organizes internal/external resources in response to, and in anticipation of customer needs.
- Utilizes strategic probing to identify, evaluate, and recommend alternative technology solutions.
- Proactively identifies and manages opportunities in CRM to drive and deliver solutions and customer experience.
- Identifies customer needs/ requirements and recommends the appropriate products and solutions.
- Strong ability to consistently achieve strong attainment results.
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
All of the above, plus;
- Provide direction and guidance/mentor to less experienced team members and coaches others in closing complex deals.
- Accomplish level specialized sales representative, influencing how others engage and interact across the segment.
- Trusted advisor to the account team(s) in providing clear understanding and awareness of the benefit of new products and services offered.
- Remain up-to-date on new product, technology, and services offerings
- Develop the ability to provide total solutions, working across segments and understanding of different industries and how businesses operate.
Key Challenges to Overcome:
You will need to become an expert on our different product offerings to be able to handle cross-sell/ upsell for existing customers as well as new inbound leads and be able to determine the best solution for a given customer.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years’ experience in technology or software customer success, sales, or account management
- Experience with Salesforce
- Proven success in achieving and exceeding quotas.
- Ability to develop strong relationships via various communication methods.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a high level of professionalism.
- Technical competence and understanding of cloud backup space a plus.