EVault, a division of Carbonite, is seeking a Team Manager for its Technical Support Team in Salt Lake City. We are looking for someone passionate about customers that will play an instrumental role in ensuring the operational success of our customer contact center. Position reports to the Director Customer Care, Evault.
This role is responsible for management of a team of product and service delivery experts, you will help model the behaviors and tactics that are expected from our agents to deliver world-class support. Help your team acquire the appropriate support and training necessary to perform their jobs. Monitor and increase morale through effective leadership, management and coaching skills and drive recognition of outstanding team performance. Managing issue escalations, working with EVault account managers, employees and outside partners to find timely resolution. Conducting reviews on in-process tickets to confirm accurate technical execution, timely handling, and superior customer service. Leading departmental initiatives for new programs and solutions to enhance EVault service offerings and customer service. Engaging in periodic 1-1 sessions with direct reports and establishing goals & objectives, ensuring both employee and company needs are being met. Working with senior management to ensure consistent performance and messaging to a growing international support team.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Internalize Carbonite’s culture and values
- Become acclimated with EVault and DoubleTake software
- Learn to effectively use tools (ADP, Bomgar, SalesForce, Genesys and others)
- Understand the internal structure and build interdepartmental relationships
- Understand the policies and procedures of EVault Customer Care
- Obtain COPC High Performance Management Techniques certification and implement and manage best practices, leveraging the COPC Standards
- Learn the Carbonite Quality Program and effectively monitor and coach engineers on their interactions with mandatory Quality Coaching Goals
- Serve as an escalation point for the sales team
- Conduct 1:1 meetings with the engineers who report to you
- Lead monthly team meetings
- Manage contact center aspects of the business and achieve all targeted KPIs, including customer satisfaction, service levels, on-time, escalation quality and quality monitoring critical errors
- Work with Workforce Management to efficiently schedule staff to handle 7x24 call volume, including after hours on-call support
- Align Support resources to partner with professional services and other internal customer facing teams to provide support coverage for especially complex and technical issues preventing customer success.
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
- Complete Carbonite Corporate Manager Training
- Continue to lead and coach a high performing team of engineers
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in Carbonite Customer Care
- Manage and/or contribute to support related projects
Key Challenges to Overcome:
Managing a team of engineers in a technical environment can be challenging and rewarding. A successful Manager will have the stamina to dig in and do what it takes to ensure customer and employee satisfaction metrics are met, while not becoming overwhelmed by occasional high demand. A Team Manager must be able to manage the team through challenging times and difficult situations while displaying professionalism and strong leadership.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them to completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
- Prior Contact Center experience
- Prior management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of COPC, Six Sigma, ISO9001 and/or other quality/improvement
- Experience with hosted call center software.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of key metrics associated with call center environments
- Strong staff coaching and counseling skills to influence others to take action and achieve objectives
- Serve as an on-call manager on a rotation basis
- Knowledge and experience in backup and recovery, cloud-based solutions and services.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Genesys
- Experience managing Partner and customer escalations and relationships
- Proven leadership, project management and problem-solving experience
- You model professionalism in every aspect of your work
- Proven ability to effectively negotiate and resolve issues and conflicts for both internal and external customers
- Manage escalated customers with diplomacy and professionalism
- You are self-directed, and know how to get the job done as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Must be able to drive performance in order to meet performance metric goals for the call center
- You are a natural motivator, able to turn any negative into a positive
- A willingness to train and mentor those around you to develop the same attributes you deliver of leadership, problem solving and professionalism